IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio sprint week question?
6/16/13, 10:05 PM   #1
Ohio sprint week question?
dirtfan07

Gonna be in the area and looking for something to do Saturday night, anybody have anything good or bad to say about the car count or racing at eldora for sprint week?

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/13, 10:23 PM   #2
Re: Ohio sprint week question?
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

All Stars last raced a speedweek race at Eldora in 09.Terry McCarl won with 48 cars.

6/16/13, 10:25 PM   #3
5JMOFFATTFAN!

Ohio speedweek draws tons of cars and alot of great shows usually Weather permitting il be at Eldora also

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/16/13, 10:53 PM   #4
PIT CART

Eldora has been great for the last 2 years, if its the track you are worried about. As far Ohio sprint week they do get good car counts.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/13, 11:39 PM   #5
slide22

Ohio Sprint Week is the best sprint week around. Usually 9 straight nights of racing, around 45 cars a night. You won't be dissappointed

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Russ
6/17/13, 12:57 AM   #6
Re: Ohio sprint week question? WHAT???
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
Ohio Sprint Week is the best sprint week around. Usually 9 straight nights of racing, around 45 cars a night. You won't be dissappointed

Posted via Mobile Device
YOUR SO VERY WRONG---Indiana Sprint week is the best. And you said it on this board. I want some of what your drinking!!! LOL

Later, Jersey

4 members like this post: JazzTrombonist, jim goerge, mowerman, Ty
6/17/13, 2:17 AM   #7
Re: Ohio sprint week question?
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! View Post
Ohio speedweek draws tons of cars and alot of great shows usually Weather permitting il be at Eldora also

Posted via Mobile Device
As for great shows - I agree. You cannot go wrong following this tour. Fortunately, for this year, the dates and tracks are aligned nicely. You won't have to criss-cross the state back and forth like in years' past. The All Stars did a good job on this one. I just wish I could go but it is not in the cards this time around.

6/17/13, 5:58 AM   #8
tntbusco

Did they ever schedule a show for Wed or is that just a day off?

Posted via Mobile Device

6/17/13, 8:09 AM   #9
WRP DK

Waynesfield is also a $22 general admission with $2 discount for seniors. Kids 10 and under are always free.

As for the open date it's Thursday. That typically has been held for a rain date if one of the previous shows happens to cancel and wants to use it.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/17/13, 9:47 PM   #10
johnnythunderhead
Banned

i'm a yankee from n/e oh/ who moved to s/w oh to be in non wing country (oh and did I say to be with my family) I witnessed the first ohio sprint speedweeks and i'm still awed by it/ but the man from joisey is correct/ Indiana sprint speedweek is the best/ now if only we had some of the ohio tracks in Indiana (i'm not much into little quarter mile tracks) but lucky for me Lawrenceburg is only 15 mins away, and Eldora an hr n a 1/4. but nonwing racing's by far the best. I might check out the ossw show at Eldora though, the ascocians run good there!

dirtfan07, if you've never been to Eldora, I highly recommend going/ it is the worlds fastest half mile and will blow your mind

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 6/18/13 at 3:12 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio sprint week question?