IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the new HARF "C" note bonus!
4/26/13, 9:24 AM   #1
the new HARF "C" note bonus!
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

HARF officers had a meeting on 4-25-2013 and decided on a small bonus program for the drivers on HARF nights. In the world of finance let me once again say "small" bonus, but during the 2013 racing season, on a HARF discount night, one of the drivers who wins their feature MIGHT have an extra $100.00 bill in their envelope we give them. As of right now we have 26 discount nights at 10 different Indiana race tracks, and an average of 3 divisions per track, & we are giving away $1000.00 (only 10 winners) for the year, so you do the math on the chance to get your "C" note that night. Our drawing (blind draw) covered all the divisions and all the tracks very well & winners will come from all different divisions from the sprint cars to thunder cars. We will not tell what track or what division will be the recipient of our cash in advance, i will only give you teases, like the evening news, on what night a cash bonus will be given. Your first tease is that the first "C" note bonus will be given on May 11th, either at Paragon or Montpelier (our HARF discount nights at those tracks). We do not have the finances to be another JW Hunt, but wouldn't an extra $100.00 bill fit nicely into a drivers wallet, we just want to give back to the racers. You can send me pm's and ask questions about this, but i'm not sure i can tell you much more then i just did. It's just random cash at random tracks on random nights, chosen by the HARF officers. Also this year HARF memberships will be given away as door prizes at every HARF night (2 per night) to help race fans and to add to our membership, that will start tonight at Bloomington, see you there, bob.

5/6/13, 11:50 AM   #2
Re: the new HARF "C" note bonus!
HARFprez

Weather permitting, & we know how that has gone recently, this Saturday night, May 11th, will be our first HARF "C" note giveaway at one of our HARF discount nights. That means at either Paragon or Montpelier (both offer HARF discounts this weekend) will have "1" of their feature winners receive an extra $100.00 bill in Victory Lane! I'm not saying which track or which feature it will be, but "1" lucky feature winner will receive a shiny new "C" note to help with expenses for the night. We know it ain't much but we just want to give a little back to our racers. See you at HARF night, bob.

5/6/13, 12:08 PM   #3
treecitytornado

What about the bonus going to the highest finishing feature driver that is already a paid HARF Member? Just a thought. That way you give the cash to a driver that already supports the cause!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 4:19 PM   #4
HARFprez

I see your point JT, but would be hard to determine & would not give us exposure in Victory Lane. Another point is that when the winner on a HARF night receives his or her rewards in Victory Lane, they receive an envelope with a FREE HARF membership in it, thus they would automatically be the highest finishing HARF member, solving the problem. Thanks for a great point, bob.

5 members like this post: ByronMack, Jerry Spencer, mowerman, mud goodsleeve, speed bump
5/6/13, 6:10 PM   #5
mud goodsleeve

Race Count This Year: 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
What about the bonus going to the highest finishing feature driver that is already a paid HARF Member? Just a thought. That way you give the cash to a driver that already supports the cause!

Posted via Mobile Device
what about you saying "Thank you" to HARF for doing such a cool thing instead of your "just a thought" on what you would do.

5 members like this post: bus man, Jrp4554, kylezero, Racer12, TQ97
5/6/13, 6:16 PM   #6
treecitytornado

I do appreciate it, Matt! It was just a suggestion to guys like me that have been paid HARF Members for years, sorry if you didn't understand my point.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 6:25 PM   #7
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
HARF officers had a meeting on 4-25-2013 and decided on a small bonus program for the drivers on HARF nights. In the world of finance let me once again say "small" bonus, but during the 2013 racing season, on a HARF discount night, one of the drivers who wins their feature MIGHT have an extra $100.00 bill in their envelope we give them. As of right now we have 26 discount nights at 10 different Indiana race tracks, and an average of 3 divisions per track, & we are giving away $1000.00 (only 10 winners) for the year, so you do the math on the chance to get your "C" note that night. Our drawing (blind draw) covered all the divisions and all the tracks very well & winners will come from all different divisions from the sprint cars to thunder cars. We will not tell what track or what division will be the recipient of our cash in advance, i will only give you teases, like the evening news, on what night a cash bonus will be given. Your first tease is that the first "C" note bonus will be given on May 11th, either at Paragon or Montpelier (our HARF discount nights at those tracks). We do not have the finances to be another JW Hunt, but wouldn't an extra $100.00 bill fit nicely into a drivers wallet, we just want to give back to the racers. You can send me pm's and ask questions about this, but i'm not sure i can tell you much more then i just did. It's just random cash at random tracks on random nights, chosen by the HARF officers. Also this year HARF memberships will be given away as door prizes at every HARF night (2 per night) to help race fans and to add to our membership, that will start tonight at Bloomington, see you there, bob.
Great idea and very generous of your club, thanks for all you do for the sport we love, see you all again soon!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: K9Racer, mud goodsleeve
5/7/13, 8:17 AM   #8
HARFprez

& not to tell tales out of school, but during our draw, we covered most all of our local tracks and a bunch of the racing divisions, from the sprinters to the bombers. Also, just a note to Dave R for his kind words, we did end up with "2" different draws for Lawrenceburg HARF night winners during the year. Like i said before, i wish we could be like JW Hunt was and able to go thru the pits and give low budget teams cash for tires or fuel, but we can't. We just hope an extra "C" note might buy the team a nice supper going home (or maybe cover the bar bill). Good Luck to all of our drivers and race teams, you're still our Heroes, bob.

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
5/17/13, 3:50 PM   #9
HARFprez

Well...to update everyone on our little promotion. Last Saturday at Paragon was to be our first "C" note giveaway, but mother nature saved us a $100. So, if we are able to go racing tonight at Gas City, one of our feature winners will receive a nice crisp "C" note along with their HARF t-shirt and membership. I say if we get to go racing, because at this time in Speedway Indiana it is a monsoon. Sent everyone at IMS running for cover and ending "Fast Friday". I hope we can give away some cash tonight at the GC, see you all there, bob.

5/17/13, 4:45 PM   #10
racerfanx2

Hi Bob,

I am trying to reply to your message and your inbox is full!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the new HARF "C" note bonus!