IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sumar classic timetable revised, pit access for fans!
4/16/13, 11:27 AM   #1
Sumar classic timetable revised, pit access for fans!
USAC Developmental

SUMAR CLASSIC TIMETABLE REVISED, PIT ACCESS FOR FANS!

Tickets for the April 28 “Sumar Classic” Traxxas USAC Silver Crown race at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track will go on sale at 3 pm race day and fans purchasing front-gate tickets that day will also receive pit access to get up and close to the USAC Stars and Cars before the races.

Pit gates open at noon for participants and spectator gates open at 3 pm. An adult front gate ticket is priced at $25, while infield tickets are $15 and kids 5-12 are $5.

The opening race of the 2013 Traxxas USAC Silver Crown Series renews a tradition dating back to 1995 when Donnie Beechler was the first winner. One previous Silver Crown race pre-dated the “Sumar Classic” when Gary Bettenhausen was the 1980 winner.

The April 28 timetable finds a 4:30 drivers meeting, followed by practice at 5. Silver Crown qualifying is scheduled at 6, followed by modified heats. Opening ceremonies are slated at 7. A 15-lap modified feature precedes the 50-lap “Sumar Classic” main event.

Defending Traxxas USAC Silver Crown Champion Bobby East won last year’s “Sumar Classic.” Previous winners have included Levi Jones, Dave Darland, Bud Kaeding, Josh Wise, Brian Tyler, J.J. Yeley, Tony Elliott, Jack Hewitt and Kevin Thomas.

4/16/13, 12:07 PM   #2
Re: Sumar classic timetable revised, pit access for fans!
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

All that and $5 off for HARF members.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, rdzsprint, red22, scottyCbus
4/16/13, 12:27 PM   #3
mortboyz

Only 50 laps???

1 member likes this post: sw1911
4/16/13, 1:16 PM   #4
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Only 50 laps???
Maybe it's 50 green laps?

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
4/16/13, 1:23 PM   #5
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

So if a kid is a HARF member, free admission?

4/16/13, 6:51 PM   #6
racephoto1

I know I catch some grief from Mr.Funk when I post about Champ dirt cars. Seems like someone listened though.

Thanks and a pat on the back to USAC, a slightly later starting time, and more importantly , the chance for the fans to see the cars and the stars, before the racing.

Also, for all you out there looking for excuses not to go, you don't have anymore. Next Sunday, turn off the computer, turn NASCRAP off on TV, and see areal show. Go to the SUMAR CLASSIC at Terre Haute.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan, Ricks Pics
4/16/13, 7:07 PM   #7
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Next Sunday, turn off the computer, turn NASCRAP off on TV, and see areal show. Go to the SUMAR CLASSIC at Terre Haute.
We know you really intended to say "a week from next Sunday"

4/16/13, 7:08 PM   #8
terrehautian

I maybe wrong, but with 100 laps, wasn't there a mandatory yellow last year for refueling at lap 50? Maybe it is only 50 laps for that reason. I could be wrong, I somewhat remember something about a race at THAt having one.

I will be there and bringing my fiance to this race also.
Last edited by terrehautian; 4/16/13 at 7:10 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sumar classic timetable revised, pit access for fans!