IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need some help / Indiana trip
4/3/13, 9:15 AM   #1
Need some help / Indiana trip
Ty

Trying to come up with a weekend to come out to Indiana for some Sprint Car & or Midget racing. Preferably a big race weekend that I can hit two shows in a weekend. Friday/Saturday or a Saturday/Sunday. Haven't been to Indiana yet either. Any help is appreciated!

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
4/3/13, 9:46 AM   #2
Re: Need some help / Indiana trip
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I'm a foreigner, so I am sure the Hoosiers will have a better plan then mine.

I would go the week of the 500.

Anderson for Must on Wednesday or Terre Haute for USAC Sprints
Practice for the Little 500 on Thursday morning?
Silver Crown at the Fairgrounds on Thursday
The IPS or whatever it's called on Friday afternoon at the speedway
Gas City or Bloomington on Friday night
Little 500 or Night before the 500 on Saturday
Kokomo Sunday night and there may be more options than this.

The Speedway museum is a must see for any fan of racing.

I have almost done this, except I work my local track on Saturday and had to head home.

If you can spare a week, you could hit the ARCA race at Toledo on Sunday afternoon (19th), then Supermodifieds at Anderson on the (20th), opening up Wednesday to just see Terre Haute. That's 8 new tracks over 9 days which there is nothing better then too much racing!
Last edited by apexonephoto; 4/3/13 at 9:52 AM.

3 members like this post: fish, racephoto1, schwarzracen27
4/3/13, 10:28 AM   #3
Ty

Thank you for the info, but because I already took a week off from work for the Chili Bowl, I'm kind of limited. I want to only take one day off from work for travel (Either a friday or a monday) and I already see 10 hours of pavement getting to Indiana. No need to see more of it

Midget week might be in the cards. All depending on if we are busy here at work leading up to that point, and also if Trevor Kobylarz & his family decide to go out west, as I would most likely go with them.

4/3/13, 10:53 AM   #4
JarrettFarms73

Ty,

I hope you can make it over and its everything you want it to be and more. I live less than 30 minutes from Kokomo speedway so I have a lil bit of a bias towards events there. I can assure you that I have no affiliation w/ them except a schoolboy crush on Jill... Like PA, the racing all over the state is good so no matter what you choose, the trip should be a great one.

If you choose the Kokomo area then you have options like USAC sprint week, midget week, the Bob Darland Memorial, SmackdownII, Kokomo Klash. Midget Week and the Klash offers midgets and sprints on the same night. Plenty of hotels, camping, couple bowling alleys, food, cinemas in the area for a pass time if needed. (lets hope not)

Again though, the whole state offers fantastic racing. I was at Brownstown last weekend and plan on being @ Lincoln Park this saturday. Even if you came over for just a summer weekend, like apex said, there's options galore! Friday/ Saturday, Saturday/Sunday, its ALL good! If this is your thought I'd suggest staying on the north side of Indy. Easy access to multiple tracks, great entertainment including PBA licensed bowling alley, pga golf course, especially the 500 museum,etc. Also gives options if part of the state isnt cooperating weather wise to adjust where you're headed.

Safe travels and have a great season!

1 member likes this post: Ty
4/3/13, 11:13 AM   #5
Ty

Never thought about that. I will definitely have to bring my bowling equipment along with just incase of the weather.

4/3/13, 12:24 PM   #6
old time Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
Trying to come up with a weekend to come out to Indiana for some Sprint Car & or Midget racing. Preferably a big race weekend that I can hit two shows in a weekend. Friday/Saturday or a Saturday/Sunday. Haven't been to Indiana yet either. Any help is appreciated!
Do NOT miss the Little 500 in Anderson. There is no racing event that will equal the thrill of the start of this famed classic. The Little 500 is rich in history and rightfully so and it is among the most incredible races of the year.

4 members like this post: cmakin, fish, Kansasdirtfan, Mud Packer
4/3/13, 1:01 PM   #7
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Ty, you can't go wrong with just about any week/weekend you plan on heading out to Indiana! I'd highly recommend midget week! You can't beat the programs of Midgets and Sprints. I've been coming out for this one the past several years. I hit Lincoln Park on Thursday, then Bloomington then take the night off midget week and go to Paragon and finish up at Kokomo. I fly in and out and with gas prices these days the cost difference is not that bad if you’re going solo.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/3/13, 2:27 PM   #8
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I know vacation days are valuble.Lay out a hoosier map,print out track schedules and pay close attention to intellicast or accu-weather.Also there is a thread on this site of every Indiana sprint race

Posted via Mobile Device

4/3/13, 3:19 PM   #9
Jonr

USAC midget week would be my choice. Not many times that 410 sprints are the support class for the night.

4/3/13, 3:35 PM   #10
bigq11

Can't go wrong with midget week!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need some help / Indiana trip