IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help!!!!!!!!!!!
2/16/13, 10:38 AM   #1
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
grumpy racer

Well did I get anyones attention! LOL. I have been up all night trying to figure out a solution to what has become a big issue at our house. Carla & I unfortunately live in Indy in what I call a Vinyl village. I have a neighbor at the end of the culdesac who hates any thing to do with racing. I try to make as little notice of our racing as possible, but at times you have to do things in order to race. Yesterday we had the trailer here and trying to get ready to go to florida with Darland. The truck was unhooked so Carla could pick up tires and parts for the trip. I came home at lunch to bring some other stuff here and eat. I was in the middle of lunch and the door bell rings, it's the cops. To make a longer story short after a heated argument I was told even though the truck and trailer were in my drive way, the nose of the trailer was over the side walk, I had to move it immediately or they would ticket or tow it because a neighbor had complained. I was told because the trailer has 3 axles it is a commercial vehicle and Marion County ordinance says you cannot park this vehicle in the driveway or in the street for more than 1 hr. I checked the Marion co. ordinances and this is true. I see that in our neighborhood there are many comercial work trucks and a few trailers that are parked here. There are vehicles parked across driveways everywhere I counted 10 on my way out of the neigborhood. The cops said basically I can not have my truck or trailer at my home except 1 hr to load and leave. I have to add we try to go by the rules and have spent over $12,000 over the last 13 years to store the trailer off the property. I need someone's help to figure this out as racing season is upon us I can't move right now. Does anyone have a solution or a good attorney that might help us. Just a small team trying to give a great driver a ride! Thanks for any help someone can give!

4 members like this post: Gregg, luckybuc97, racegal, racing2bwithu2
2/16/13, 10:49 AM   #2
buck2

Three axles does not automatically make you a commercial vehicle. If the combined GVWR of your truck and trailer exceeds 26,000lbs you are commercial and are required to have a commercial drivers license. Graphics can also make you look commercial. If the DOT doesn't call you commercial, explore calling your rig a recreational vehicle the rules are much more lax

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by buck2; 2/16/13 at 1:42 PM.

2 members like this post: DAD, racegal
2/16/13, 12:14 PM   #3
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2 View Post
Three axles does not automatically make you a commercial vehicle. If the combined GVWR of your truck and trailer exceeds 26,000lbs you are commercial. Graphics can also make you look commercial. Explore calling your rig a recreational vehicle the rules are much more lax

Posted via Mobile Device
Does your truck or trailer have a commercial license on it, does it take a CDL to drive it. Sounds to me like you live with a bunch of HEMORIDS. Best advice I can give you is move out and find some real nice trash to sell your house to. When we were looking for a home many years ago and I was Nuevo Rich we looked at neighborhoods like this. When they keep all the cars in the garages and they jog in designer sweat suits I don't want to live there.

Ask some Legal advice, but lawyers can't take the jerk out of jerk. This will be just one of many in-counters with your "ANAL NEIGHBORS".

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/16/13 at 12:15 PM.

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, racegal, speed bump, speidel21
2/16/13, 12:19 PM   #4
interpreter66

your nieghbor lives in the wrong f-ing city

2/16/13, 12:39 PM   #5
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I wish I had some advice for you! What a pain in the butt!! All I can say is good luck and good luck in Florida!
I don't understand the intolerance of people!!

2 members like this post: gail s, PJ Wright
2/16/13, 1:33 PM   #6
TQ29m

I share your pain, I have 2 "women", who live in my block, who would like to see no cars on the street at all, and they give me little hints about my 2 axle trailer, and crewcab dually sitting on the street, it went so far, that one time I went out, and just happened to see a ticket on my windshield, which was done during the night, I got out of that one, then they reinstated the ordnance that trailers and campers and motorhomes had to be parked on the furthest portion of the back of your home lot, so I added heigth to my carport beside my shop, so I could make this possible, now I can't use it, because the service poles behind my house are located just right, that I can't get in my new spot. I've been good, for the past couple of years, no tickets, so far, and besides, I am the second oldest home owner on my block, having lived here since 1963. I wish I could get my trailer off the street, and where it would be of better access for me, but unless they move/relocate the poles, I can't do it. I guess some people just want to control everyone! Bob

1 member likes this post: racegal
2/16/13, 1:42 PM   #7
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I'm sure we can find a pig farmer who would gladly donate a dump truck load of crap that could be dumped in your neighbors driveway during the early morning. Lol.

Sorry... I know you're looking for a real solution!!

Posted via Mobile Device

2/16/13, 1:42 PM   #8
Gregg

I thought we had the only problems. We had the police called on us a couple years back for the henious crime of putting our trash out on the curb too early. A couple others had anonymous notes sent to them for the same dastardly offense. I guess I must be the neighborhood SOB.

Sounds like you have one of 'those' neighbors as well. Good luck to you. I hope you get this streightened out.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
2/16/13, 2:22 PM   #9
racerjim2

I think every neighborhood has at least ONE of these people living nearby.

6 members like this post: apexonephoto, DAD, Danny Burton, erich45, jim goerge, PJ Wright
2/16/13, 2:40 PM   #10
Colin25

I have actully seen this truck and trailer parked in the driveway. How someone could complain is beyond me. Sorry for the headaches you can't ask to be around nicer people than you guys. Good luck and if you need some help Lisa and I will be down there. Leaving tomorrow, give me a call. JD

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help!!!!!!!!!!!