IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anyone remember this car
1/12/13, 7:51 PM   #1
Anyone remember this car
cars5752

Tried probably a few years ago, but thought I'd give it a go another time. I believe this may be one of Lloyd Shores earlier cars. May have been from the Muncie area. One possible driver what a gentleman who's last name was Teeters. Any info sure appreciated.
Attached Images
Teeters Sprint.jpg (358.3 KB, 389 views)

1/13/13, 3:09 PM   #2
Re: Anyone remember this car
racerjim2

Dave, that looks a little like the old @00 Marsh Stables car that Tom Dickson drove at one time.. At least the roll cage looks a lot like it. I thought that car frame may have ended up at Pete Smiths in Parkersburg. Don't know where it went from there.

1/13/13, 7:59 PM   #3
cars5752

Thanks Jim, would be neat if it did have some history to someone in our area. I have yet to find anyone who remembers seeing this car. It's the only photo I have, and apparently it came from a gentleman named Waldon Spillers (Dayton, Oh.) who bought it wrecked in 1992 and began a restoration with new body panels, etc., and made it a cageless car. From the info he had, it was driven by a Bill Teeters of Muncie, In. and carried the #'s 33 & 34 while in his possession. It has a torsion rear and parallel spring front. I received an answer on here here long ago with that chassis style, it was possibly one of the sister cars Lloyd built in Dec. 1971, prior to his going into building racecars for others. One was driven by Allen Barr and Dan Bowlen drove the other as he and his brother maintained it. Send photos to Dan when I had it torn down during my refurbishing process, and it's just to hard to tell. He said it could have been the #40 car he drove some. I just thought I through it out here again to see if anyone remembers anything with this red #34. Maybe some will recognize. Thanks!!!

1/22/13, 9:03 PM   #4
crp26

I worked with ron lamberson who has had a few race cars in his time. He use to run gas city a lot and i believe he was friends with a guy named teeters that you mentioned. It will be spring time till i see ron at the races as i am in florida till april. If anyone would know it would be ron. When i see him next i will see what he knows. Hope this helps.
Chuck

1/23/13, 8:34 PM   #5
cars5752

Many thanks Chuck; if you remember and touch base with him in the spring, make a note of my email -- cars5752@suddenlink.net and drop me a message. Sure appreciate your taking time to let me know this.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anyone remember this car