IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala
12/24/12, 1:49 AM   #1
Ocala Hotels
scottfor410

Ok starting to make plans for Feb trip. Anyone have hotels to recommend or avoid?

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by scottfor410; 12/24/12 at 4:58 AM.

12/24/12, 9:19 AM   #2
Re: Ocala
crp26

Howard Johnson on 75 not sure of the exit maybe 53 or 54 nice place good price and about 5 minutes to the track.

Chuck

12/24/12, 10:48 AM   #3
Re: Ocala Hotels
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfor410 View Post
Ok starting to make plans for Feb trip. Anyone have hotels to recommend or avoid?

Posted via Mobile Device
Any motel at the College Road exit on I-75 is my recommendation. The ones around the Silver Springs Boulevard exit are okay, but the College Road exit has all of the well known restaurants - Chilis, Ruby Tuesday, Bob Evans, etc. You can leg it from any of the motels.

Just do a google maps computer look-see and you'll have plenty to choose from.

Also, if you have the time, take in the Don Garlits drag racing museum just south of town in I-75. The one time I went to it about five years ago, it was only a couple of bucks and more than worth it.

12/24/12, 11:34 AM   #4
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Any motel at the College Road exit on I-75 is my recommendation. The ones around the Silver Springs Boulevard exit are okay, but the College Road exit has all of the well known restaurants - Chilis, Ruby Tuesday, Bob Evans, etc. You can leg it from any of the motels.

Also, if you have the time, take in the Don Garlits drag racing museum just south of town in I-75. The one time I went to it about five years ago, it was only a couple of bucks and more than worth it.
Adult daily admission is now $15. It's worth if you have time to tour both museums.

12/24/12, 11:54 AM   #5
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

I will be down there next week speaking with the different hotels for the best price for all our guy's coming down for the week (Southern States Midgets) and will let you know...SR 200 (college Rd.) does have most ANY thing you will want and need as far as restaurants and shopping..any kind of deal I get I will pass it on to my IOW fans and family....Remember we will be racing the Midgets and Mini's 600/750 Sat thru Tues. at Marion County Speedway just a Mile and a a half down (south) of BRP....we also hope to make and announcement later this week about the Midgets..Wayne Davis

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
12/25/12, 6:58 AM   #6
scottfor410

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/6/13, 6:11 PM   #7
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw View Post
I will be down there next week speaking with the different hotels for the best price for all our guy's coming down for the week (Southern States Midgets) and will let you know...SR 200 (college Rd.) does have most ANY thing you will want and need as far as restaurants and shopping..any kind of deal I get I will pass it on to my IOW fans and family....Remember we will be racing the Midgets and Mini's 600/750 Sat thru Tues. at Marion County Speedway just a Mile and a a half down (south) of BRP....we also hope to make and announcement later this week about the Midgets..Wayne Davis
Wayne: You say Midgets (?) and Minis Saturday through Tuesday, but no dates. You also mention an announcement about Midgets, which I assume are the full-size version. Did not see the announcement. Could you clear this up?

1/7/13, 9:28 AM   #8
addictedtodirt

I believe Papa Outlaw was referring to the lightning midgets/mini sprints at Marion County Speedway on Feb. 17,18, and 19th. This track is 2 miles south of Bubba's track.

1/7/13, 9:34 AM   #9
Midget 89

Thanks.

1/7/13, 1:25 PM   #10
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
I believe Papa Outlaw was referring to the lightning midgets/mini sprints at Marion County Speedway on Feb. 17,18, and 19th. This track is 2 miles south of Bubba's track.
We are waiting a decision from USAC. Spoke with James Fink this morning and went over everything...Hopefully have a decision by the end of the day or tomorrow. Just so you know Everything kinda hinges on their decision if we run 6 days or 3...We are racing what has been talked about many times, a Division II Midget which consists of NIN WING Lightning/Mini Sprints (1000/1200cc Chain driven Midget) Focus Midgets, Ecotec Midgets and Kenyon Cars on dirt. We will not allow any "National Midgets" with the BIG engines

Been really damn busy and will get you motel rates as I promised to some you my IOW friends...Wayne Davis

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: scottfor410
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala