IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where do things go from here?
10/13/12, 8:03 PM   #1
Where do things go from here?
mr nobody
Banned

Just asking a simple question: When it comes to the USAC Silver Crown series, where does it go from here?

1 member likes this post: streetglider
10/13/12, 8:28 PM   #2
Re: Where do things go from here?
dirt330

Some of the best times I had growing up where all the Hoosier 100's I attended with my dad. Get to the fair grounds for practice and time trials,and then head to the car for a tailgate party, which 100's would do and then return to the stands for the big race. The stands where always packed. Some of the all time greats where racing every year. A.J, Sachs, Branson ,Unser's, Ruttman, the list goes on and on. I feel the fat lady isn't at the track but maybe she's in the parking lot. Sure hope I'am wrong.

4 members like this post: Darlin, FishBurger, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan
10/13/12, 8:47 PM   #3
Honest-Sam

Even if car count doesn't affect the quality of the show, it has to be an indicator of something. Twice as many cars at last years show. Economy? Fuel issue? I dunno. Very troubling though.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...c-100-results/

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racerjim2
10/13/12, 9:11 PM   #4
Bill Angel

I wanted to go tonight but my grandson had a football game and the possibility of a low car count kept me from going. Tonight may go into the books as the last Silver Crown race, lets hope not but realistically how can you run races without cars? How can you get cars by pissingoff the car owners? I have been watching the champ dirt cars since the 60"s and they used to be my favorite division but I'm surprised they are still running after all the bad decisions USAC has made.

10/13/12, 9:34 PM   #5
monkeyboy

Take it up with Kevin miller. Seriously if you see him at the track voice your displeasure about this. Let him know how you feel as a fan who is spending hard earned cash to support this stuff.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: DirtyD, koolaid89
10/13/12, 11:12 PM   #6
terrehautian

I was shocked at two things tonight, the lack of people in the stands (500-1000 at most) and the low car count. I don't see how Sargent made any money tonight. I will say I did get to do something I have wanted to do since 2008 when I first got into sprint car racing. I was helping pack the track tonight and it was fun. Now I just have to spend some more quarters to get the mud off since i was out there when the track was very wet.

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
10/13/12, 11:26 PM   #7
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

it was announced at the drivers meeting tonight that the ignite ethanol fuel will be OPTIONAL in the 2013 season

Posted via Mobile Device

10/13/12, 11:39 PM   #8
okie

So will my attendance

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, leonhaupt
10/13/12, 11:49 PM   #9
Clydesdale

Did they still charge people $25 for these 15 silver crown cars? If they did that's like highway robbery. I'm a big USAC fan but if they did that's crazy.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: leonhaupt
10/13/12, 11:54 PM   #10
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
it was announced at the drivers meeting tonight that the ignite ethanol fuel will be OPTIONAL in the 2013 season

Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe because the government grant for ignite is going away? Hopefully some teams will come back that only run alcohol.I would really hate to see this series go away.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where do things go from here?