IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series
10/3/12, 7:41 AM   #1
Rumble Series
PatrickMead#13

We went last year for the first time to watch and had a blast. Any word if they are having the mini sprints back this year yet? Thank you

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Colin25, DAD
10/3/12, 8:34 AM   #2
Re: Rumble Series
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermidnight View Post
We went last year for the first time to watch and had a blast. Any word if they are having the mini sprints back this year yet? Thank you

Posted via Mobile Device
The sad thing was we had more mini sprint racers in the stands watching to see what would happen then we had on the track racing. We had a great time up there and would love to go back there again.

Since there were also just a few Kenyon cars there, It would be great if they would combine them and us together as a motorcycle powered midget class.

With MMSA rules now allowing quick change rear ends all they would have to do is up the engine size by 200cc's and the Kenyon cars could race with us anytime they wanted and be legal.

If they would go 400cc's for cars with quick change rear ends We might try a quick change.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/3/12 at 8:38 AM.

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13
10/3/12, 3:24 PM   #3
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
The sad thing was we had more mini sprint racers in the stands watching to see what would happen then we had on the track racing. We had a great time up there and would love to go back there again.

Since there were also just a few Kenyon cars there, It would be great if they would combine them and us together as a motorcycle powered midget class.

With MMSA rules now allowing quick change rear ends all they would have to do is up the engine size by 200cc's and the Kenyon cars could race with us anytime they wanted and be legal.

If they would go 400cc's for cars with quick change rear ends We might try a quick change.

Honest Dad himself
Agreed... I was totally bummed out at the race because I ran out of time to get my car done for it. Looked like a blast out there for sure...

Posted via Mobile Device

10/3/12, 3:41 PM   #4
big d

well fellas dont get your hopes up,,i was told earliet this yr they were not invited back because of low car counts,,just what i was told,,i d like to see them get another chance myself,,,,,,,,,, rocketd

10/3/12, 4:35 PM   #5
Eric C

Tony Barhorst is on here quite a bit, let him know how you feel, maybe if you get enough committed ahead of time he will consider doing again if he has not already got a replacement class.

Eric Cottongim

10/3/12, 6:46 PM   #6
PatrickMead#13

I'm game....

Posted via Mobile Device

10/3/12, 8:15 PM   #7
minisprint47

Yea i plan on going this year to race i was in the stands myself last year

Posted via Mobile Device

10/3/12, 10:00 PM   #8
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I hope they decide to bring back the Mini sprints as well. Although the car count wasn't the greatest last year they still put on a very good show. It takes more than 1 year to build up a class..

Tyler

10/3/12, 10:23 PM   #9
duel

We still have some outdoor races left guys. I try to make that every year. They have an endless supply of carts and 1/4's midgets that probably pay the rent (maybe.) They could just take the wings off those other mini sprints and run them together with you guys for my money...

10/4/12, 9:14 PM   #10
Tony Barhorst

I appreciate the interest in the 1000 cc cars returning to Fort Wayne. We did have a good time with the 9 cars who entered. It is great to see the division doing well running venues like Eldora, and Montpelier among others. Last year was a bit of an experiment with the division, and I have decided to not have them this year. We have nothing but positive reviews on the racing, but I feel it is in the best interest of the event to return to the traditional lineup. I have had other divisions in that spot in the past like the Slingshots By Tobias and TQ's. We won't be replacing the 1000 cc cars with any other division this year.

The 15th annual Rumble In Fort Wayne returns to the Memorial Coliseum Expo Center with a full show on both Friday, December 28, and Saturday, December 29. Full Midgets, Outlaw Modified Winged Midgets (600's), Quarter Midgets and Karts are on the bill. Fans can see a full midget and 600 show after 7 pm each day. Racer's rate hotel, entry and ticket information are located on www.rumbleseries.com

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series