IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you for everything
8/29/12, 9:40 PM   #1
Thank you for everything
Robert Ballou

Just wanted to post a note of thanks to everyone that called, messaged or was thinking of me after the crash at Kokomo. A big thanks to Jim Brown with the Kokomo safety team for killing the motor before a bad situation got worse. I don't remember much so I can't make any comments on why or how it happened. The dr's did a CT scan and my brain is just as good as it was before the crash (sorry know that's not saying much LOL). Fortunately, Sacha's cousin is a neurologist with Methodist and she made a house call on Sunday to check me out and it only cost me a bottle of rum! My back was pretty sore but the x-rays were clear so the dr's are saying it was just a strain and am all clear to race. It is a bummer that we lost a brand new car and a motor that we had just picked up from the airport on Friday. Haven't figured out if we're going to be able to replace them so this may affect my season depending on how each night goes.

I am also missing my race shoes and my race ceiver that the EMT said they took off and gave to "someone with the team" unfortunately no one with my group got them and I can't find them in the trailer. I'm still looking and they may turn up but if someone happens to have grabbed them for us I need to get them back.

Thanks again for the support I really appreciate it.

Robert Ballou

8/29/12, 9:51 PM   #2
j.estes88

Hey robert i was the one that grabbed the shoes and i set them toward the front of your trailer next to a spare helmet there was a mp3 player in them...
justin

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: davidm
8/29/12, 10:04 PM   #3
Re: Thank you for everything
ShaneMugavin57

Justin what you thought is a mp3 player is the raceceiver most likeley. They do look a like.

1 member likes this post: BigD
8/29/12, 10:08 PM   #4
j.estes88

Sorry lol but i put that in the shoes and the shoes were put near front of trailer on left side next to a spare helmet

Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/12, 2:09 AM   #5
dubsak95

Robert I want to say Thank you for everything. As a fan I really am greatful that we have a driver like yourself that cares as much about us as you do. Even though we all may not have a "Madman" shirt I think that inside all of us are pulling for you. Much Respect!!!

And I will be buying a shirt at the next race I see you at.

4 members like this post: davidm, I Miss Manzy, LUCKYONE, PJ Wright
8/30/12, 4:43 AM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

I still have $100.00 to give to you for being the recipient of our IOW "Hard Luck" award...

3 members like this post: flatout18, I Miss Manzy, Stevensville Mike
8/30/12, 6:38 AM   #7
I Miss Manzy

Knowing you're OK is all the thanks I need,brother! You're good to go and Levi's out for the season......ain't Karma a *****? See you soon!

Joe (no relation to Don) Ott

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, JON'S MOM
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you for everything