IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC race at 96 is rained out
8/10/12, 12:25 PM   #1
USAC race at 96 is rained out
chop

Just found out the race is rained out. We had rain all night and this morning. The storm is not a move from west to east type of storm. It is sitting over Michigan and spinning like a pin wheel. The storm should move out of Michigan tonight. I would think Hartford will have a nice wet track to race on Sat night.

http://www.i96speedway.com/

8/10/12, 12:33 PM   #2
treecitytornado

Rescheduled for Sunday October 14th.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
8/10/12, 12:36 PM   #3
Re: USAC race at 96 is rained out
miwingless

How many fans and teams are already up here and is anyone interested in meeting up at a place like Craig's Cruisers on Clyde Park (just south of GR right off US131 at the 54th st exit) for pizza and fun??

8/10/12, 12:42 PM   #4
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Robert Ballou's facebook says tonight's @USAClive race at Lake Odessa, MI has been canceled due to rain and will be made up Sept. 30th

8/10/12, 12:50 PM   #5
cowboyhar69

USAC website says they are hopeful of finding a suitable rain date...Speed Sport facebook post says Sunday, Sept. 30th is the rain date.....I-96 website says the rain date is Sunday Oct. 14th!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: duel
8/10/12, 1:30 PM   #6
chop

Sept 20-21-22 Berlin raceway in Marne Michigan is going to cover the pavement and run a WOO Outlaw late model show. What do you say USAC try to tie the rainout to some type of race at Berlin. The same weekend as the rain out at 96? If the track is all ready going to have the dirt on it. Why not try something?

http://www.berlinraceway.com/index.html

Anyone in Grand Rapids area, you could check out a cool car show Sat morning Aug 11 before you drive down to Hartford for the Sat night race

http://www.delshannoncarshow.org/

2 members like this post: miwingless, schwarzracen27
8/10/12, 1:39 PM   #7
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

I just got this email from USAC

RAIN FORCES I-96 SPRINT POSTPONEMENT TO OCTOBER 14

Lake Odessa, MI........Rain has forced postponement of Friday night's AMSOIL USAC National Sprint car race at I-96 Speedway. The event has been rescheduled for Sunday, October 14. The series now moves on to Hartford (Mich.) Motor Speedway for Saturday night's scheduled racing program.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
8/10/12, 4:13 PM   #8
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
Sept 20-21-22 Berlin raceway in Marne Michigan is going to cover the pavement and run a WOO Outlaw late model show. What do you say USAC try to tie the rainout to some type of race at Berlin. The same weekend as the rain out at 96? If the track is all ready going to have the dirt on it. Why not try something?

http://www.berlinraceway.com/index.html

Anyone in Grand Rapids area, you could check out a cool car show Sat morning Aug 11 before you drive down to Hartford for the Sat night race

http://www.delshannoncarshow.org/
The Mouch's are the ones that took the initiative to book the show with USAC. You'd have to take that up with the folks that are leasing the track from the fairgrounds or the fine folks at Integra who are putting on the dirt show.

8/10/12, 11:14 PM   #9
staggerman

I guess I am scratching my head of why they would reschedule for a Sunday night. Seeing how most racing is done by then would have thought having a Saturday night show would give a better opportunity for success. I am not driving 7 hours for a race on Sunday, JMO. Is something else going on in MI on Saturday night?

8/10/12, 11:29 PM   #10
duel

Big cars at Terre Haute Saturday the night before.
Last edited by duel; 8/10/12 at 11:32 PM. Reason: ?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC race at 96 is rained out