IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW at Bloomington
7/18/12, 1:14 AM   #1
ISW at Bloomington
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

Hey guys and gals, i have never been down to bloomington speedway and am going to come this friday. Ill be coming from Kokomo but was just curious if anyone could give me some info. Such as, what time we will be able to get in, what the racing is like, if there are grandstands or we need lawn chairs, cooler policy, etc. Any info would be great. Thanks a lot, Aaron

7/18/12, 1:46 AM   #2
treecitytornado

Lawn chairs are ok or you can sit in the stands. Coolers are ok too. Great place to watch a race!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/18/12, 2:01 AM   #3
Re: ISW at Bloomington
wolfracer69

be early good seats go fast some start the night before marking seats

7/18/12, 6:05 AM   #4
Re: ISW at Bloomington
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

As always, the best source of information is their excellent website. Just type Bloomington Speedway into your search engine, click on the speedway and it's all right in front of you including directions to the track, times, costs, cooler policy, etc. They do have bleacher type seating and also a nice hillside where you can place lawn chairs or blankets. You cannot mark seats until after 5pm on Thursday. The entrance to the seating is open the day of the race but you must exit before they start selling tickets. I would advise you that the restrooms are at the top of a steep hill..repeat steep hill. One thing I didn't see on the website is any change to the alcohol policy. Until a couple of weeks ago you could bring in beer (no glass). They sold beer at the Kinser event but people also brought their own. I should think that they would post any change to policy so you may still be able to byob even though they sell beer. I'm a water/soda pop guy so it doesn't affect me. Please drive carefully in the parking area after the race. As with all Sprint Week events there will be a huge crowd and most all try to exit at the same time. A lot of people will be walking in the parking area while some are trying to be the first out the ONLY exit gate. In most cases, driving skills are commensurate with the amount of alcohol consumed and it can be a dangerous place. Above all, have fun and enjoy the (in my opinion) prettiest track in Indiana. Red clay and what used to be green grass make a mighty nice sight from the hill.

4 members like this post: dirt330, Just dirt, sw1911, timmanis2000
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW at Bloomington