IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Sat July 21
7/16/12, 11:19 AM   #1
Paragon Speedway Sat July 21
Keith Ford

Paragon Speedway sat July 21 regular show, everybody runs a feature event, NOT the orignal posted $1400 to win event, thank you

7/16/12, 11:34 AM   #2
Joltin Joe

If you held a $1400 to win race you could have 50+ cars Saturday with there being that race down in southern Indiana that same day and no other tracks around here running saturday

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: chadd8up, Racer12
7/19/12, 9:30 AM   #3
Re: Paragon Speedway Sat July 21
Keith Ford

Added class 4-cyl Hornets

7/19/12, 11:38 AM   #4
chadd8up

paragon would have good cars and drivers if there was any descent payout money. there were better payouts there 20 some years ago. they charge as much as every other track at the gate and payout a third as much or less then any other track to win a race. they take away all star race and don't run when it gets hot or there is a sprinkle or two. then they add hornets instead of mods or another descent class to the show. i live in paragon and i always drive out of my way to other tracks because paragon track isn't even worth my time and money anymore.i mean he post a 1400 to win show and then changes it at the last minute. with the money guys are putting into these cars now days they can't hardly afford to run for 500 bucks,all it takes is to tear up a right rear tire and wheel on a sprintcar and your out more then 500 bucks.my guess would be if things don't change for the better there soon paragon might not be in bussiness for to many more years to come.

7/19/12, 12:19 PM   #5
treecitytornado

Paragon has been doing great for the last 10 plus years with this format! Don't think that will change anytime soon! The Win doesn't mean everything to everyone! Guys go there because they are locked in an A-Main and they get at least $100. Some other tracks, they may only get $25.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by treecitytornado; 7/19/12 at 12:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
7/19/12, 4:12 PM   #6
Drew Tarr

Come on folks. I can't see complaining about any race track closing because its a 100 plus degrees. Yes, had they opened that week, I would have been there, but I sure understand why they didn't open. I have nothing but high praise for Keith and the Paragon folks. They have always been very good to me, and everyone else I have seen then deal with. As far as changing the purse format for this weeks race, it was announced at the drivers meeting last week, so its not like it was "sprung" on anyone. I drive almost 280 miles round trip every Saturday to race there, and have never left wishing I had went someplace else. The other point of complaining about the low purse is when the car count goes over 30, they split into 2 features, and take their "low" pay out and multiply that by 2. Its not such a "low" payout when you have to take it out of your pocket and pay it out. Car counts have been lower this year, but I am pretty sure they ran 2 features every regular program last year. Therefore he is coming out of his pocket with a sizable chunk to pay us to be there. I always thought running a speed shop was challenging, but my hat is off to any race promoter that makes a go of it, much less one that has done it for 25 plus years.

5 members like this post: chris jockish, dusty tracks, IndyBound, joeracer, PJ Wright
7/19/12, 4:29 PM   #7
kcarm92

keep doing what you are doing must be working if people are complaining. hope you have lots of cars saturday not every one wants to do sprintweek

2 members like this post: Dgentry51, spicoli
7/19/12, 6:58 PM   #8
hairracer44

Paragon has it place and purpose in the Sprint car community. You get laps and confidence to go and run other places. Not to mention feel free to come down and try and win that $500 and it's not as easy as you think.

I have said it before if you think you can run a racetrack, I'm sure Keith will gladly sell you the track or lease it to you. There are a few other tracks for sale in Indiana, feel free to pony up the $$$$$ and buy one and bring in that massive car count that you know you can and see if you can do better than Keith.

As far as not being worth running for $500 to win because it would cost you more than that if you tear up a tire and wheel. I've tore more stuff up at other tracks than I have at Paragon, not to mention if you are running mid pack at any other track you are not getting more than a couple hundred dollars anyway. So if you tear up a wheel and tire was it worth it.... If your worried about the money your spending to race and possibly tearing stuff up I think it's time to find another Hobby... Yes Hobby because you know your not really making any money and if you think you are, you're fouling yourself.

Go race have fun and quit complaining....

7 members like this post: Dgentry51, dusty tracks, joeracer, K9Racer, PJ Wright, Russ, spicoli
7/19/12, 7:25 PM   #9
Racer12

[QUOTE=Joltin Joe;291561]If you held a $1400 to win race you could have 50+ cars Saturday with there being that race down in southern Indiana that same day and no other tracks around here running saturday

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

You guys are missing what Joe is trying to say. Paragon has its place in giving teams confidence and going on to other tracks. But not everyone has the money to afford to run for $500 to win and $100 to start. You have to understand what it costs to put one of these together and be competitive. I dont want to hear "why doesn't he go run USAC if its about how much it pays?" You have to look at what your realistic odds are of finishing well vs. the probable level of competition will be.

Not everyone has the engine to be competitive with the USAC guys, but that same engine can be competitive at a local show. How fast you go is directly related to how much $$$ you have in you account to spend. Therefore if some of the guys that we all see who run top 15 on a regular basis were given the same equipment and resources could be one of the best out there. It's tough out there everything is more expensive than ever and we all run for the same money.

I'm sure Joe was looking forward to going there during sprintweek and get to run for enough money that he felt he could at least break even. He wasn't ******** and he wasn't there at the drivers meeting last Saturday.

Bob

7/19/12, 7:41 PM   #10
Keith Ford

Thank You

1 member likes this post:
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Sat July 21