IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprints at Farmer City July 6 - $2,000 to win
6/20/12, 7:55 AM   #1
Sprints at Farmer City July 6 - $2,000 to win
Rob Lee

Sprint show at Farmer City this Sunday (June 24) has been canceled. Next up is Friday July 6. Non-wing Sprints will be part of the Farmer City Pride show. It will pay $2,000 to win. Mark it on your calendar. Two shows and six different drivers in the top four so far with Dave Darland and Terry Babb in victory lane. The 1/4-mile certainly has been racey with three and four-wide. For more info log on to farmercityracing.com.

6/20/12, 8:55 AM   #2
Re: Sprints at Farmer City July 6 - $2,000 to win
bloard

Rob - you might check with the promoter on the status of this show. He told me last weekend that he wasn't going to run sprints with this show with MOWA next door that night at Lincoln. He might have changed his mind since then, but it would be worth checking on.

6/20/12, 9:41 AM   #3
Joltin Joe

They did cut the purse a little bit due to only having 14 cars......

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/12, 11:26 AM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

We have few enough sprint shows here in central Illinois. I would just hope that the promoters would work together to insure that none of those few shows conflict with each other.

6/20/12, 3:01 PM   #5
Rob Lee

As of today, it's on the Web site and in another press release that non-wing Sprints are part of the show. If I hear any updates, I'll post here.

6/20/12, 3:27 PM   #6
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloard View Post
Rob - you might check with the promoter on the status of this show. He told me last weekend that he wasn't going to run sprints with this show with MOWA next door that night at Lincoln. He might have changed his mind since then, but it would be worth checking on.
Last night Jeff Hammer told me he was going forward with what he original had planned, and advertised. Both shows will do fine.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/12, 5:42 PM   #7
cshuman

I really don't understand, and kinda get annoyed at cutting purses for smaller fields.. Why penalize the guys that came to support you.. If he got 6 more cars, that's what? Maybe another $500-$600 at the gate? But it would have cost him another $900 minimum at the pay window.. So he would have actually lost money lol.. I've just always thought yea, you are short cars, but those are also spots you don't have to pay out.. And this isn't any sort of attack on one particular place or promoter just in general..

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/12, 7:47 PM   #8
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Casey, as usual you have hit the nail right on the head. Sort of defies logic, doesn't it?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprints at Farmer City July 6 - $2,000 to win