IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Alex Shanks
5/26/08, 10:37 PM   #1
Alex Shanks
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Where is Alex Shanks this season? I haven't heard a thing about him, nor have I seen the car #55 that he drove.

5/26/08, 11:29 PM   #2
Re: Alex Shanks
Flatrightrear

Ron,
Heard at the track Sunday that he is wanting to spend time with his family now.
Tom

5/26/08, 11:35 PM   #3
shanks39

Ron thanks for asking. I will be making a few shows after my daughters softball season comes to a end. I have coached her team for the last two years and I made a promise to her that I would not miss a game because of racing. As for my ride I am driving for Shane Wade out of Herring IL this year and we made our first show in Mt. Vernon this past Saturday. Look forward to getting back to Indiana soon.

Alex Shanks

5/26/08, 11:41 PM   #4
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks39 View Post
Ron thanks for asking. I will be making a few shows after my daughters softball season comes to a end. I have coached her team for the last two years and I made a promise to her that I would not miss a game because of racing. As for my ride I am driving for Shane Wade out of Herring IL this year and we made our first show in Mt. Vernon this past Saturday. Look forward to getting back to Indiana soon.

Alex Shanks
GLAD TO HEAR THIS ALEX.WE WERE ALSO ASKING YOUR WHERE ABOUTS.

5/27/08, 12:24 AM   #5
21sprint

Quote:

Alex Shanks
As someone who was there,let us know how that show went?

5/27/08, 6:18 AM   #6
shanks39

16 cars dash and heats were won by Kody Kinser in th 4K. Not taking anything away from his first win but no one went to the top to see if anything was up there. The track needs some serious dirt reconfiguration. Unlike the MSCS show that was there last year very bad crowd in the stand and not alot of support cars in the pits also. The track promotion has came back to the owner Rick Heck from Mt. Vernon, prior to the feature he decided to tell the MASS officials that he was not paying his part of the purse since there were only 16 cars in the pits. We rolled the cars back to the trailers and got Webb on the phone. It was not clear but I think Webb went ahead and paid the whole purse out of his pocket. Please pass along that Mr. Heck is quite a Tater Head. In my opion here is another promoter expecting to just open the gates and people will flock in. I live 35 miles from this track and found out six days prior that the cars were coming to Mt. Vernon. Last year at the MSCS show there was a very good crowd and I believe 26 nonwing cars. Just disappionted because I remember what the track was like in the early 90's and it has not been kept up. Should be a gold mine with the draw in all four directions of the interstate.

Alex Shanks

5/27/08, 1:31 PM   #7
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:

Alex Shanks
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I have enjoyed watching you race for many years and look forward to seeing you again.

5/27/08, 4:12 PM   #8
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

"prior to the feature he decided to tell the MASS officials that he was not paying his part of the purse since there were only 16 cars in the pits." Sounds like something another "favorite promotor/track owner" might do.:loser:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Alex Shanks