IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMP at Plymouth Speedway Bullring!!!
3/20/12, 7:47 AM   #1
UMP at Plymouth Speedway Bullring!!!
racerX

Stopped by the Plymouth Speedway last night. The track looks awesome!! Should be a racey place.... look at the pix's on Plymouth Speedway Facebook. There were 6 guys out there on equipment, working the track. Speaking to one of the guys there I had to ask if the Mod shows where UMP and they are all points races. Can't wait to see the May 5th opener!! Non wing sprints UMP Mods and Hornets..

4/26/12, 8:28 AM   #2
Re: UMP at Plymouth Speedway Bullring!!!
racerX

The Bullring is done and ready for some side by side UMP mod racing next Saturday night May5th. Track is very wide. Went out and measured it 65 ft in the turns and 50ft on the straights. Place is very clean and there food was great, 1/2 pound steak burgers and tenderloins in the pits.

4/28/12, 11:43 AM   #3
sfracer55

It will be a great show at the Bull Ring! Track staff is ready and it will be a fun night of racing!

5/3/12, 10:34 PM   #4
sfracer55

Just a little over a day away for the Bull Ring! This will be an exciting show. UMP Mods racing around this track will be a battle and honestly I can't wait. I hope mod racers make the journey. UMP points can be earned. Hope to see you there.

5/5/12, 9:06 PM   #5
91corvette

How many cars?

5/6/12, 6:53 PM   #6
91corvette

3 cars?

5/7/12, 11:20 AM   #7
racer-x

Any suggestions on how to get some cars there? Cant imagine how much that cost to put that clay down...

5/7/12, 2:52 PM   #8
sfracer55

We believe we will get more cars the next show. We know many more drivers were interested but the fact that it is a 1/5 mile unknown track, we think some just wanted to see how it went first. Based upon the racing that we saw and many are talking about, they will come.

I want to thank the 3 that showed up and at one point during the heat, they were racing 3 wide! It was awesome to watch. There is plenty of room for a 16 car mod feature.

The track pays $500 to win and $100 to start. The track owner paid the $500 to win with only the 3 cars. To me, that is commitment to the drivers/crew and dirt racing in Northern IN.

Hope to see you all out for the next show. Stay tuned to the plymouth website and IOW for more details for future events.

1 member likes this post: racer-x
5/7/12, 6:54 PM   #9
racer-x

Its 2 bad the tracks in NW Indiana couldnt have kept with the old IMCA rules. I track like Plymouth,Avilla, and Baer field would sometimes send 10 cars home that didnt make the 22 car field feature.. The cost of UMP and all the other pavement sancitioning bodies really made it expensive for the smaller teams.

5/8/12, 5:11 AM   #10
cokohow

YA... You probably need to have some kind of budget before you can get all those stuff over.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMP at Plymouth Speedway Bullring!!!