IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT BoBo in puppy heaven.
3/8/12, 2:19 PM   #1
OT BoBo in puppy heaven.
backitin

Well, got us a new pup bout a year ago. Got him from the pound, he had a broken tail from being thrown from a moving car. Got his tail docked $, then he ended up with a broken back leg courtesy of my australian cattle dog $$. After having a good couple months he was diagnosed with a auto immune malidy $$$. After spending our 2012 race funds plus lots of money we didnt have, the poor guy had to be put down. You guys would've liked him, me I loved him like family my dogs have helped me thru my head trauma more than any ten doctors could.
Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders, now back to racing...
bob

4 members like this post: awnunn, fish, I Miss Manzy, jim goerge
3/8/12, 3:35 PM   #2
Re: OT BoBo in puppy heaven.
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Bob, sorry to here that. It's never easy losing a beloved pet.

3/8/12, 4:31 PM   #3
darnall

SO sorry for your loss....as a young child my first 3 dogs were all hit by cars, and I witnessed each of them...very traumatic..as a teenager my chow was the victim of some teenagers who had been drinking beer and road-hunting. They found no prey so they started shooting dogs instead..although I didn't see that happen I heard 2 guys at school talking about all the stuff they shot the night before...needless to say one of them got the butt kickin of a lifetime that day..

I went the next 20 years without a dog, mainly because my wife couldn't stand the thought of an animal living in her house...but luckily a year ago she found a male bichon puppy that she fell in love with so we got him... a year later she loves him so much she can't even think of what we would do without him......and now she wants another dog cause shes having so much fun with this one...

His name is Clutch...he's my baby..he imprinted on me the minute I took him out of the cage at the kennel and now he goes EVERYWHERE with me...work every day, the races, the bank..everywhere... more of the people in our small town know his name than know my 13 yr old sons name....Clutch is everybodys friend..such a happy, smart and loving dog...He is for sure a major part of the family.

My point is that I know how important a dog can be to his humans, and I know what it's like to lose one...I am sorry for your loss backitin..keep your head up...I know your buddy was irreplaceable but in time another will come along that you will love and enjoy just as much.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
3/8/12, 7:19 PM   #4
jim goerge

Backitin So sorry for your lost. Everybody says when you lose a pet its like loseing family well thats cuz that dog has become a family member I kid my daughter bout her being my middle kid cuz we have had ladybug longer than her Hang in there cuz pretty soon you;ll see a four legged kid looking at you with those sad eyes and your heart will melt again

1 member likes this post: Gregg
3/8/12, 7:30 PM   #5
Jerry Spencer

I understand we lost buddy at just five months,there is not a day goes by we don't think about one of our best friends.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

3/10/12, 10:03 PM   #6
IndyBound

Bob, sorry for your family's loss. One of my favorite expressions is "Dogs Leave Paw Prints on Your Heart", any of us that have let a dog into our family now how true that expression can be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Patti

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
3/11/12, 12:22 PM   #7
backitin

Thanks guys, were doin ok. All it takes is some spring weather and the Sprintcar parked in driveway, to pick ur spirits up. Doing the last bit of lettering, " Am I upside down again ? " lettered on the hood, readable of course only when upside down.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/11/12, 12:44 PM   #8
I Miss Manzy

So sorry,Bob. The most noble of God's creatures,our dogs mean so much to us. My heart has a long term lease on it by our Schnauzer,Leo! Adopt a shelter dog in BoBo's memory!

Joe (no relation to Don) Ott

3/11/12, 1:31 PM   #9
mrmoose

sorry to hear of your loss,i recently had to put my lab down and know how you feel as they are family to us.
i found helping a rescue group helped me to get my mind and heart right and it helps poor dogs know someone loves them.
i just recently was fostering one of the rescue dogs and he ended up being so good he is staying here for the rest of his life.
in closeing i leave you a link that helped me through the hard times.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Last edited by mrmoose; 3/11/12 at 1:33 PM. Reason: install link

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/12/12, 11:30 AM   #10
backitin

Cool guys thanks.
I care for my dogs more than anything besides my kids, and sometimes I wonder about that. On the brighter side my 15 year old boy was talked onto the high school powerlifting team. He's in love with it, and doing excellent. He holds a state record and is lifting over the national record in practice all the time. He weighs 135lbs and can do bench reps at 285lbs. He loves them gold metals, and looking in the mirror at himself, He went from struggling in class to doing well with his grades. As a incentive he got to pick wether to race the lightning sprint or get a new bmx bike, were bmx racing again and I'm happy cause it's extremely inexpensive, hardly any work for the crew (me) and the most fun you can have, theres nothing like seeing 3 year old's with their race face on.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT BoBo in puppy heaven.