IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bill Gamester
2/11/12, 12:07 AM   #1
Bill Gamester
Static

Bill Gamester died unexpectedly at University Hospital in Tucson, AZ on February 7, 2012. He was born on July 27, 1925, the son of Orville “Boney” and Zella (Heston) Gamester. Bill graduated from Ridgeville High School in 1943 and then served in the U.S. Army during WWII where he was stationed in England. During his life he was a union carpenter, working many years with Baystone Co. and a farmer. He was a member of the American Legion Post #507 in Ridgeville for over 50 years. Bill loved racing, traveling in his camper, and watching basketball.

Bill was preceded in death by his wife of 49 years, Ardellia (VanSkyock) Gamester. Other survivors include a son, Bryce Gamester (friend Debra) of Ridgeville; a daughter, Vanessa Wickersham (husband Scott) of Winchester; 3 grandchildren, Clint Gamester, Chelsea Pahl, and Travic Wickersham. He also had seven great grandchildren and a special friend, Tootie Hummel. He is also survived by four siblings, Marcella McCormick, Rosella Willard, Jack Gamester (wife Joan) and Larry Gamester (wife Harlene).

Graveside military services will be on Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm at Lawndale Cemetery in Ridgeville IN. Memorials may be made to the American Legion Post #507 Scholarship Fund, 115 Camden Street, Ridgeville, IN 47380-1301.
Last edited by Static; 2/11/12 at 12:11 AM.

2/11/12, 2:56 PM   #2
Tall Jackson

Thanks for the post. I had not heard of this. I grew up around Bill and Vanessa. He will be greatly missed at and away from the tracks.
Shawn Case

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/12, 3:08 PM   #3
Re: Bill Gamester
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I'm very sorry. His family is in my prayers.

2/11/12, 3:16 PM   #4
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

He will be very much missed by his racing family and ours. RIP Bill
Bob and Monica

2/11/12, 4:14 PM   #5
Floyd Peyton

Race Count This Year: 6

What a great guy -- sure will miss him(with vanessa) at the track -- floyd peyton

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bill Gamester