Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Indycar Schedule
12/22/11, 11:13 AM   #1
2012 Indycar Schedule
thebus79h

http://www.indycar.com/schedule/55-i...ndycar-series/

This is bad. Really bad.

12/22/11, 11:20 AM   #2
treecitytornado

I second that motion! This Schedule sucks!

Posted via Mobile Device

12/22/11, 11:35 AM   #3
LocalYokel

Well we got Detroit, Baltimore, China... maybe they could squeeze in Camden, NJ or maybe North Korea on the schedule...

Posted via Mobile Device

12/22/11, 12:08 PM   #4
Re: 2012 Indycar Schedule
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Well we got Detroit, Baltimore, China... maybe they could squeeze in Camden, NJ or maybe North Korea on the schedule...

Posted via Mobile Device
I would not bank on Baltimore at this point. Promotor is in a LOT of hot water for not paying his bills!

12/22/11, 12:14 PM   #5
Danny Williams Sr.

If all the posers that lurk here on IOW attended an IZOD INDYCAR oval race in the past maybe there would be more ovals on the 2012 schedule.

Can't blame the former oval tracks that have been on the schdeule or IZOD INDYCAR because "Open Wheel Fans" over the past 15 years have turned their back on INDYCAR by voting with their pocket books by not attending the many races at Kentucky, Chicagoland, Michigan, Kansas City to name a few.

I think the 2012 schedule is OK given the state of open wheel racing in North America.

Pack the stands at Newton, IA., Indianapolis, Fontana and Texas & show the other oval tracks there is an "oval track fan base". Right now the road & street events draw decent crowds so that's where IZOD INDYCAR goes.

12/22/11, 12:32 PM   #6
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

I attended the NHMS race and enjoyed my time there. I would definitely return in 2012 but they can't find sponsorship.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/22/11, 12:46 PM   #7
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Williams Sr. View Post
If all the posers that lurk here on IOW attended an IZOD INDYCAR oval race in the past maybe there would be more ovals on the 2012 schedule.

That is EXACTLY the point. The people that complain are the same people that are dressed as empty seats apparently. I have always found it funny that it seems like those that never go are the ones that complain. If you don't go, why do you care? Why did the all oval format of the IRL die? Nobody showed, I know, I was in the stands. I don't want to hear the American driver comment either. When there were a bunch of USAC guys, the stands were still half full at best.

Bottom line, is the schedule terrible? No doubt that it is, it's the worst one they have put out. With what took place at Vegas, this kind of schedule is what is to be expected. They are taking a step back and trying to get the oval part of the schedule together. That means that this year there are very few.

Randy Bernard was on 1070 with JMV yesterday. You could tell that he really isn't that stoked about releasing this schedule. It's not very good and he knows it, but there really isn't anything he can do. Randy said they are working on '13 to get things in order on the oval side, just takes planning and time to make sure it works financially. He is a straight shooter so I believe him.

12/22/11, 4:48 PM   #8
treecitytornado

I have attended several races at Indy and Kentucky.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
12/22/11, 5:51 PM   #9
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
That is EXACTLY the point. The people that complain are the same people that are dressed as empty seats apparently. I have always found it funny that it seems like those that never go are the ones that complain. If you don't go, why do you care? Why did the all oval format of the IRL die? Nobody showed, I know, I was in the stands. I don't want to hear the American driver comment either. When there were a bunch of USAC guys, the stands were still half full at best.

Bottom line, is the schedule terrible? No doubt that it is, it's the worst one they have put out. With what took place at Vegas, this kind of schedule is what is to be expected. They are taking a step back and trying to get the oval part of the schedule together. That means that this year there are very few.

Randy Bernard was on 1070 with JMV yesterday. You could tell that he really isn't that stoked about releasing this schedule. It's not very good and he knows it, but there really isn't anything he can do. Randy said they are working on '13 to get things in order on the oval side, just takes planning and time to make sure it works financially. He is a straight shooter so I believe him.
What race are you talking about during the IRL days? Texas, for example, had its highest non NASCAR attendance back when there was American short track talent in Indy Car.

Also, how do you know that people who complain about the state of IndyCar are people who don't attend races. I went to three last year and I think the state of IndyCar totally blows

12/22/11, 8:06 PM   #10
Stealth87

So sad to see this schedule. I have attended as many IRL races at ovals as I possibly could. Wonder how much of this has to do with recoil after the tragedy at Las Vegas. And the blind comments made by people like Jimmy Johnson regarding the furute of Indy car racing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Indycar Schedule