IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala 2012 USAC dates?
10/13/11, 10:04 AM   #1
Ocala 2012 USAC dates?
dirtnut

Has anyone seen the CONFIRMED dates for the USAC sprints at Ocala Speedway in February? Wanting to book a flight and need to know the dates. Thanks!

10/13/11, 12:43 PM   #2
Re: Ocala 2012 USAC dates?
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnut View Post
Has anyone seen the CONFIRMED dates for the USAC sprints at Ocala Speedway in February? Wanting to book a flight and need to know the dates. Thanks!
Very good questionWould like to know myself, so we can plan also.Didn't that track get bought or whatever by someone earlier this year?I am confident however that if & when USAC has the dates that info will be forthcoming.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/13/11, 2:05 PM   #3
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Very good questionWould like to know myself, so we can plan also.Didn't that track get bought or whatever by someone earlier this year?I am confident however that if & when USAC has the dates that info will be forthcoming.
tom bean and todd clem bought it,they said last year the same week as daytona but then daytona moved there date since then so who know's. golng there this saturday ,i'll see if i can find out and post at a later date

10/13/11, 3:30 PM   #4
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
tom bean and todd clem bought it,they said last year the same week as daytona but then daytona moved there date since then so who know's. golng there this saturday ,i'll see if i can find out and post at a later date
Todd Clem AKA Bubba the Love Sponge

10/13/11, 4:11 PM   #5
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
The 500 is on the 26th of Feb. That is what was announced last year and that date is still firm...USAC announced the same dates prior to the 500 like the races were last year, Wed, Thrus,Fri,Sat before the 500... I announced my dates for the Lightning sprint winternationals in belief of these dates. However, after talking to USAC they are still waiting on the track as he wants to hold the races 2 weeks earlier.

This does not make any sense as the Allstars and World of Outlaws will be at Volusia 14-19 and for the Winter freeze at Screven Speedway in Ga. 8-11.

Was told by USAC that they would let me know as soon as they know from the track owner. We (Southern States Lightning Sprints-non wing) are trying to be a support class with USAC at BRP...This I know for sure....As soon as I here something I will post it...We will be racing the Non Wing Top Gun Series there this week and maybe I can find out more from Bubba..

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

10/13/11, 5:46 PM   #6
annrobbins75

Top gun sprints at ocala this sat 15 non wing

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
10/13/11, 6:10 PM   #7
Vukie

USAC RETURNS TO SUNSHINE STATE FOR 2012 SPRINT OPENERS; BUBBA ARMY “WINTER DIRT GAMES” AT OCALA FEB. 9-10-11

The 2012 USAC racing season officially gets under way with a return visit to the Sunshine State of Florida as the Bubba Army “Winter Dirt Games” unfold February 9-10-11 at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala.

Three nights of pulsating AMSOIL National Sprint Car thunder on one of the nation’s most exciting 3/8-mile dirt ovals kick off the 2012 campaign in the state where USAC outdoor racing began 56 years ago.

Bob Sweikert, winner of the 1955 Indianapolis 500, won USAC’s first outdoor race, a Sprint race at Southland Speedway in West Palm Beach, in February of 1956 and this February the AMSOIL USAC National Sprint cars made their Ocala debut on the unique D-shaped oval. Damion Gardner of Concord, Calif. nearly swept the three nights of racing, winning twice and finishing fourth to Bryan Clauson in the other feature.

“We’re truly excited about returning to Florida in February,” says USAC’s Dave Brzozowski, who oversees the AMSOIL National Sprint Car Series. “Everybody likes to go where the sun shines that time of year and it seems like there’s not much of it in the Midwest. We obviously look forward to the Bubba Army “Winter Dirt Games” and the fun times which abound during that time of year.”

USAC’s AMSOIL National Sprint Car Series always provides memorable action for race fans and the battle for the 2011 championship continues to hold the nation’s attention, with Levi Jones hard-pressed in his attempt to become the series’ first five-time driving champion. Jones kicked off the 2010 season with “top-10” finishes in all three Ocala features and was the fastest qualifier twice, setting the track record of 14.758 seconds on the final night.

A special practice session for all participants is planned on Wednesday night, February 8.

More details regarding accompanying events and information about race headquarter hotels will be released as they become available.

--USAC--

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Pine
10/13/11, 6:58 PM   #8
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
USAC RETURNS TO SUNSHINE STATE FOR 2012 SPRINT OPENERS; BUBBA ARMY “WINTER DIRT GAMES” AT OCALA FEB. 9-10-11

The 2012 USAC racing season officially gets under way with a return visit to the Sunshine State of Florida as the Bubba Army “Winter Dirt Games” unfold February 9-10-11 at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala.
That is the dates I thought he would have changed to

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

10/13/11, 7:49 PM   #9
dirtnut

Thanks to everyone for the info, especially Vukie. Hope the weather is warm and dry.

10/13/11, 9:24 PM   #10
Jrp4554

Why would they make it two complete weeks before daytona?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala 2012 USAC dates?