IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central New York Racing News
10/5/11, 10:34 PM   #1
Central New York Racing News
IndyBound

First - Glen Donnellly and a group of investors are due to break grown on Phase 1 of Central New York Raceway Park in Central Square, N. Y. in the spring of 2012. The project will include a 2 mile road course, drag strip and 1/2 mile synthetic dirt track.

Second - Jessica Zemken will take a supermodified for a test run at Oswego Speedway tomorrow. (Wish I was still in N. Y. to cheer her on). Hear this will be an open test.

Thirdly - A Tire Test is being held at Oswego Speedway testing American Racer Tires this week. Cloud the track being under new ownership mean a change in tire companies? Will be intertesting to follow how this test goes.

Patti

10/6/11, 11:32 AM   #2
Re: Central New York Racing News
I Miss Manzy

Synthetic dirt ?

10/6/11, 2:31 PM   #3
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy View Post
Synthetic dirt ?
hmmmm? I thought flemington had crazy clay. It will be 1/2 hour away from our place. Odds are there wont be any nonwing stuff. Too bad there wasnt a 1/4 mile too.

10/6/11, 3:50 PM   #4
c47

too many rumors about donnelly over the past few years......not only do i hope this one is true but also that he takes back control of eastern mods and gives DirtCar a lesson on how to run racetracks.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer
10/6/11, 3:50 PM   #5
etpro43

The synthetic dirt will be pretty close to what they use on alot of horse tracks now out in california. They tested with the stuff at Brewerton Speedway earlier this year and after one night they took it off and said they needed to fine tune the recipe. It is very expensive to use from the article I read but I am looking forward to seeing how it will hold up to the NE Dirt Modifieds. With Glenn Donnely involved it could be interesting...

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
10/6/11, 4:10 PM   #6
IndyBound

Quote:
Synthetic dirt ?
Joe, I don't know what to tell you, the press release I saw said it would be synthetic dirt. I was questioning it myself. I kept hearing rumors about a new track when I was back there but couldn't find any definite news about it. In todays economy I think it is great news when a project like this becomes a reality.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
too many rumors about donnelly over the past few years......not only do i hope this one is true but also that he takes back control of eastern mods and gives DirtCar a lesson on how to run racetracks.
A press realease shows up on Central New York Raceway Parks website from October 4, 2011. Unfortunately I don't play with computers enough to link it over here. If someone could help and do that it would greatly be apprectiated. Thanks!

Patti

10/6/11, 4:42 PM   #7
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Joe, I don't know what to tell you, the press release I saw said it would be synthetic dirt. I was questioning it myself. I kept hearing rumors about a new track when I was back there but couldn't find any definite news about it. In todays economy I think it is great news when a project like this becomes a reality.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

A press realease shows up on Central New York Raceway Parks website from October 4, 2011. Unfortunately I don't play with computers enough to link it over here. If someone could help and do that it would greatly be apprectiated. Thanks!

Patti
Is this it?
http://centralnewyorkracewaypark.com/news.html

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

10/6/11, 5:27 PM   #8
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post

Patti
They are probley thinking about the marcellus shale money that will soon be headed that way. Theres more instant millionaire's around here that you can shake a stick at. Down in PA where our house is They're paying $8500.00 a acre just for your mineral rights. On top of that landowners get gas royalties. I know of one farmer getting $127,000.00 every two weeks.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
10/6/11, 5:32 PM   #9
SDHill89

Quote:
Synthetic dirt ?

This was on posted on another forum.

4 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, oldtimer
10/6/11, 6:42 PM   #10
IndyBound

Yes Tim, thank you!

Patti

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central New York Racing News