IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Asphalt Modifieds Series In Indiana?????
8/16/11, 2:05 AM   #1
Asphalt Modifieds Series In Indiana?????
corye11

are there any? are there any series that travels indiana tracks?

8/16/11, 2:50 AM   #2
Re: Asphalt Modifieds Series In Indiana?????
Joe Whisler

http://www.advanceracingassociation.com/modifieds.html

1 member likes this post: cfdrescue1
8/16/11, 6:10 AM   #3
racer-x

There used to be tons of Modifieds in the North part of the state when they were IMCA sanctioned.You could easily run one 2 to 3 nights a week 15 years ago. Today about the only other series left is the www.usamodifieds.com . They are a traveling series that run races in Indiana,Michigan and Ohio.

8/16/11, 8:40 AM   #4
cmakin

I remember seeing asphalt mods at IRP some years ago.

8/16/11, 2:03 PM   #5
Danny Williams Sr.

ICAR with Jim Minnich sanctioned the asphalt mods in the 90's & early 2000's. Ellis took over when ICAR folded as USA Mods.

USA Mods will be at Winchester Speedway Sunday August 21, 2011 during the second day of Old Timers Weekend. Must See Sprints will also be on the bill.

8/16/11, 2:50 PM   #6
cmakin

At IRP in '07

DSC_0077 by cmakin, on Flickr

8/16/11, 3:14 PM   #7
Torry

Every time someone starts running them they end up getting out of hand dollar-wise. Eventually their cost would surpass that of the late models they were intended to replace. The UMP people have the best car count going but they're all dirt.

I was too young but I've seen photos of the old SuperModifieds they use to get up north. Looked like sprinters with wings usually. Would've love to see them run as I heard they were hella fast.
Posted using Mobile Device

8/16/11, 3:52 PM   #8
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torry View Post
Every time someone starts running them they end up getting out of hand dollar-wise. Eventually their cost would surpass that of the late models they were intended to replace. The UMP people have the best car count going but they're all dirt.

I was too young but I've seen photos of the old SuperModifieds they use to get up north. Looked like sprinters with wings usually. Would've love to see them run as I heard they were hella fast.
The dirt supers out west were a great class.

8/16/11, 3:58 PM   #9
corye11

They race irp every season? And there series only has four races on it?

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

So your saying might as well just go to asphalt late models?? Do they run any series in Indiana ?

8/16/11, 4:09 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Here is the USA Modifieds schedule for 2011:

http://www.usamodifieds.com/2011Site/2011Sked.htm

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Asphalt Modifieds Series In Indiana?????