IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > return of MSCS to putnamville
8/14/11, 1:28 PM   #1
return of MSCS to putnamville
ClaytonYeley

Found this on http://www.mscssprints.com/single.html?id=100

NEXT RACE IS “THE RETURN OF MSCS TO PUTNAMVILLE”

August 9, 2011. The Hoosier Tire Midwest Sprint Car Series completed the first half of the 2011 season with the running of the Hoosier Sprint Nationals at Tri-State Speedway on July 30th. In winning the feature that night Levi Jones became the fourth different winner in the five races completed so far in 2011.

Brady Short of Bedford, IN, continues to lead in the MSCS Points Standings. Short has a 79 point lead over the closest competitor. Rookie of the Year contender Braylon Fitzpatrick of West Terre Haute, IN, has now moved up to take possession of second place in the standings. Veteran Critter Malone is just 6 points out of the runner-up spot. All three drivers are making progress towards earning a very first MSCS Title!

Fitzpatrick, Malone, Dakota Jackson, and Chase Briscoe all moved up a spot or into the top five. Mark Perry III fell to sixth in the standings from second after missing the last race because of motor trouble. Seventh through tenth spots are currently held by Casey Riggs, Robert Ballou, Kyle Cummins, and Chase Stockon. Kevin Thomas remained in eleventh spot in the standings and Rookie Kent Schmidt moved up to 12th in points. The top 12 at the end of each season make up the next season’s provisional list.

One of the biggest movers in the points standings following the Hoosier Sprint Nationals was Blake Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick used a second place feature finish to propel him from 41st to 16th in points. The 2010 MSCS Champion got a late start on the season in missing the first three races. Other drivers that have just returned to action in the series include Donny Brackett, Adam Nigg, Hunter Schuerenberg, and Hud Cone.

This month the Hoosier Tire Midwest Sprint Car Series will have just one race. That is the long awaited return of the series to the Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, IN. The 5/16 mile oval has not held an MSCS sanctioned race since 2003. That was the third season for what was then a relative new series. The MSCS Champion that season was Hud Cone of Oakland City, IN. Hud had two feature wins that season and a top five finish in one of the two features held at Lincoln Park Speedway. Both of those 2003 features at Lincoln Park were won by Jimmy Laser.

The August 20th appearance of the MSCS Sprints at Lincoln Park Speedway will conclude with a 30 lap feature which will reward the winner with a $3,000 payday. MSCS uses a passing points system to determine the top 16 drivers based on heat race efforts. Those drivers transfer to the A Main with the top six redrawing for starting positions in the first three rows. The remaining 10 drivers transferring start straight up in positions 7 through 16 based on passing points. The top four from the B Main will join the field in order at the tail. MSCS rules provide for one possible provisional starter!

Racing at Lincoln Park Speedway on Saturday nights begins at 7 o’clock. Hot Laps are earlier and begin at 5:30 P.M. The Speedway also presents UMP Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers for a varied and complete program of auto racing. Joe Spiker is the promoter!

Provided as Publicity and Information by M

8/14/11, 2:24 PM   #2
dirttrackfan

This will be the return of MSCS to LPS. Should be some awesome racing with a great group of racers!
Posted using Mobile Device

8/14/11, 2:30 PM   #3
Re: return of MSCS to putnamville
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Trust me when i say im not trying to be negative toward LPS. I hope they have a good show. The three MSCS races I've attended haven't been well supported by car count. I honestly thought with the change to passing points that would have changed.

Whats going on? IDK, I honestly believe the five track saturday night nw sprints hurt all counts since the total 410 count is down over a third from 4 years ago. Also USAC conflicting scheduals ect.

Is it MSCS or what?. Hope LPS has a good show.
Chuck not saying there hasn't been good racing either.

8/14/11, 4:04 PM   #4
ClaytonYeley

I think many things can be a factor. However, it's not just one series/track. Car counts have been down all across the board. Focusing on the MSCS guys like Stanbrough and Fitzy have been following the entire USAC series now that it is all dirt races. Other southern In drivers like Kurt Gross and Hud Cone have been parked (looks like Hud has found a ride for now). For the most part, it has not been too bad, as I've heard some have it worse. Everyone has their good and bad days. One thing that is for sure is that the series tends to pick some of the best in the business. I've heard many speak of quality over quantity. Anyways, I'm thinking about making the trip up. Hopefully it ends up being a good show.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
8/14/11, 4:35 PM   #5
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Is it MSCS or what?.
I would say or what.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/14/11, 5:35 PM   #6
coachmeece

Cant wait for saturday
Posted via Mobile Device

8/14/11, 10:27 PM   #7
Eatin Dirt

Having a tough choice between making the drive to Burg or to LPS, with the Burg being 10 minutes away and the track being the best it has been yet this year Sat. However I have had the MSCS show circled on the calendar all season and that track just has something about it that grows on you. Guess I have a few days to think about it. Have a great week everyone.

8/14/11, 10:42 PM   #8
jim goerge

The last MSCS race had around 20 cars. OMG what a kick ass race it was. As Jerry Shaw said it was a Classic. I"ll take quatily over auantity anyday . I"m going to LPS !

1 member likes this post: outlaw13
8/14/11, 11:22 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
The last MSCS race had around 20 cars. OMG what a kick ass race it was. As Jerry Shaw said it was a Classic. I"ll take quatily over auantity anyday . I"m going to LPS !
That is a true statement, but the car count will be healthy for this one. They pretty much have 30 cars every week @ LPS, anyway. Sometimes more. And with more than their fair share of big hitters, too. Last night, before the rain hit, one of the heat races had 5 2011 feature winners in it. And the MSCS will definitely bring a few more heavyweights to add to this. On top of that, there are no USAC Sprint races this weekend, so some of those drivers who don't have Silver Crown rides are liable to show up for this one, since it pays at least $1000 more than any other sprint race in Indiana, that night. And those kind of trophy snatching, outlaw sprint drivers can definitely be bought.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: agar, jim goerge
8/15/11, 12:13 AM   #10
racephoto1

I'll shoot Blomington Friday night, Springfield Saturday afternoon, and The Put Saturday night. It isn't a bad ride from Springfield to the put, and you should make it there by 6:15 if Springfield goes OK.

Two years ago I went from Springfield to the Burg, made it in time for the B at thr Burg. Springfield to the Put is a piece of cake. If your coming back to Indy after Springfield it's on the way home. It will be worth the stop.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > return of MSCS to putnamville