IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the putt???
8/4/11, 10:44 AM   #1
the putt???
flipalong

i heard putt was rough last week. Budy of mine said ther was like a supercross jump coming out of 4. I hope they smooth it out for this week.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/4/11, 11:14 AM   #2
Re: the putt???
Joe Whisler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
i heard putt was rough last week. Budy of mine said ther was like a supercross jump coming out of 4. I hope they smooth it out for this week.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your buddy probably exagerated a little for effect. Because the track was fairly narrow early, the area between where cars enter the track and the cushion got packed down. As the track tried to get wider, there was a high area and cars running the top did get some air (if I remember, it was in the heats). It does happen from time to time when the track has a lot of water put to it early. There was also the trademark monster cushion, but they cut it down a little for the feature. Having run there for quite a few years, I know what that track is like when it's rough . Last Saturday was pretty good.

If you subscribe to Jackslash.com (If you don't, you're missing out), watch the short on Coleman Gulick. That was from this past Saturday. Also, Craig Jensen was there shooting. I'll see if I can attach that youtube link.

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, mowerman
8/4/11, 11:26 AM   #3
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Whisler View Post
Your buddy probably exagerated a little for effect. Because the track was fairly narrow early, the area between where cars enter the track and the cushion got packed down. As the track tried to get wider, there was a high area and cars running the top did get some air (if I remember, it was in the heats). It does happen from time to time when the track has a lot of water put to it early. There was also the trademark monster cushion, but they cut it down a little for the feature. Having run there for quite a few years, I know what that track is like when it's rough . Last Saturday was pretty good.

If you subscribe to Jackslash.com (If you don't, you're missing out), watch the short on Coleman Gulick. That was from this past Saturday. Also, Craig Jensen was there shooting. I'll see if I can attach that youtube link.
Craig's video is on my FaceBook Page Great video and race!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516409964

Danny 24
Last edited by Dannypollock24; 8/4/11 at 11:28 AM.

8/4/11, 12:04 PM   #4
flipalong

ok will see if its any better
Last edited by flipalong; 8/6/11 at 12:19 PM. Reason: dont want to put a name in

8/4/11, 12:13 PM   #5
Joe Whisler

http://www.youtube.com/user/forest16.../1/9YU5ZovuOmY

2 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, IndyBound
8/4/11, 12:14 PM   #6
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
posted via mobile device
its like getting back too the old days its got a pretty good cushion all the way around it wasnt rough at all

8/4/11, 12:17 PM   #7
kcarm92

typical lps cushion on both ends as joe stated track was narrow in heats not a lot of passing luck of the draw. racing was good in all features

8/4/11, 3:13 PM   #8
hoosier

Spiker's are doing everything they can to try to make the racetrack as best as they can.. believe me Ive put several extra miles on my pushtruck packing in the racetrack after they work it, it's hard on our trucks too.. If it needs water, they water, if it needs re-worked they re-work it. I understand how drivers feel about rough racetracks; as parts or anything for that matter is not cheap; however please keep in mind it's not for lack of effort on their part. JMO

Crystal Pottorff

8/4/11, 6:07 PM   #9
outlaw13
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
Spiker's are doing everything they can to try to make the racetrack as best as they can.. believe me Ive put several extra miles on my pushtruck packing in the racetrack after they work it, it's hard on our trucks too.. If it needs water, they water, if it needs re-worked they re-work it. I understand how drivers feel about rough racetracks; as parts or anything for that matter is not cheap; however please keep in mind it's not for lack of effort on their part. JMO

Crystal Pottorff
Well Said!!! Joe also hit it right on!

8/5/11, 3:09 PM   #10
axsom#11

its been a great track all year , one night it was a little rough and they took care of it . Been a fast smooth track this year , great job Joe . keep up the good work

2 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, Dannypollock24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the putt???