IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > seat belts with rachet adjustment???
7/26/11, 11:21 PM   #1
seat belts with rachet adjustment???
wvwildthg

anyone know who makes this style seat belt ??? seen them on the mini doc on jackslash...can anyone help me find out who makes them??:

7/26/11, 11:33 PM   #2
Re: seat belts with rachet adjustment???
mscs20

I sell them. They are made by Hooker Harness and I am a dealer for them.

Steve Thomas
217 766 7889

7/26/11, 11:40 PM   #3
Michael#81

Here is the link to them.

http://www.butlerbuilt.net/2010_Tree...ing_Slugs.html

7/27/11, 12:22 AM   #4
j_vennard54

Really?

7/27/11, 4:26 AM   #5
TEST19

I use Hooker Harness in both of our cars and will not use anything else. A great product, very worth the price.

7/27/11, 1:36 PM   #6
Bill Elson

We use Hooker Harness in our cars as well. They are great belts and the ratcheting system for the lap belt is superb.

Bill Elson
Elson Motorsports, 27a

7/28/11, 12:59 AM   #7
fasster23

I have a set i just put in a car but haven't run them yet. There's a steel sleeve you have to weld into the frame to attach the ratchet. Take your time on this. I spent some time talking to Jeannie at Butler Built about this. The placement of the mounting bar isnt ideal on most cars. She actually sent me some photos of a bar they added to get the ratchet in a better spot. Put the tins on and check for clearance, otherwise you might end up having to cut a hole for lack of clearance. I personally don't want my belts sticking outside the car to collect dirt. They're more expensive than a set of Simpson or Impact belts but they are great quality.
Posted using Mobile Device

7/28/11, 1:14 AM   #8
Joe Whisler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasster23 View Post
I have a set i just put in a car but haven't run them yet. There's a steel sleeve you have to weld into the frame to attach the ratchet. Take your time on this. I spent some time talking to Jeannie at Butler Built about this. The placement of the mounting bar isnt ideal on most cars. She actually sent me some photos of a bar they added to get the ratchet in a better spot. Put the tins on and check for clearance, otherwise you might end up having to cut a hole for lack of clearance. I personally don't want my belts sticking outside the car to collect dirt. They're more expensive than a set of Simpson or Impact belts but they are great quality.
Posted using Mobile Device
Good post. Brian Butler has some good advice about mounting not only their seats, but also belts. He stopped by on his way through after my last flip to look at my car, and we talked about several things that I will change.

7/28/11, 11:12 AM   #9
mrmoose

lrb manufacturing makes a clamp on mount for these belts also that can be reused from car to car.
http://www.lrbmfg.com/shopping/produ...s.aspx?i=96021

1 member likes this post: mscs20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > seat belts with rachet adjustment???