IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint week camping and showers
7/11/11, 9:45 AM   #1
sprint week camping and showers
Tracy Turner

I am planning on camping in the back of the truck and traveling between tracks starting with Brownstown. Can any one tell me where is a good place to be able to shower between tracks? I am not picky, just need somewhere to clean up a bit each morning.

Thanks in advance for any information.

7/11/11, 10:00 AM   #2
Re: sprint week camping and showers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not sure I remember right but I think the both Jackson County Fairgrounds and Vigo have showers on the premisis. Bloomington there is none and no restrooms for campers unless they leave the hill open? Out of luck at Tri State as well

7/11/11, 12:05 PM   #3
Race Chic

the bathrooms are always left open at bloomington and tri state has a campground not to far away from it to shower

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/11/11, 12:16 PM   #4
Sawdust101

About 2-3 miles south of Tri-State you got the Flying J and Pilot truck stops

7/11/11, 12:30 PM   #5
addictedtodirt

Lake monroe is a good place to clean up near bloomington speedway. Just exist left out entrance beyond turns 1 and 2. Go about 4 miles to park entrance and give em 5 bucks and ur good to go. Shower house by lake, or just bring ur trunks n go for a dip. Great way to cool off n relax before and after the show
Posted via Mobile Device

7/11/11, 4:14 PM   #6
gtownplowboy

Last year the flying j truck stop shower was $10. Best $10 I spent to get in the a/c and get a cool shower. We used the state park by Brownstown Friday morning before Bloomington but so hot it was hard to tell if it did any good.lol. Will be using the truckstop showers this year.

7/11/11, 11:47 PM   #7
Bad Dad 54

Posted in another notice about making a shower out of an inner tube. It was in an old issue of Mother Earth News Magazine. Had to be carefull what type of inner tube you use. But it told how to make one, fill it w/ water & put it on top of your vehicle in the sun. Just check the water as I'm not sure how hot it gets.

7/12/11, 8:41 AM   #8
Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im not sure I remember right but I think the both Jackson County Fairgrounds and Vigo have showers on the premisis. Bloomington there is none and no restrooms for campers unless they leave the hill open? Out of luck at Tri State as well
Last time I was at Brownstown the showers had been torn down, any one know if they have been rebuilt?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint week camping and showers