IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track prep for THAT for Sprintweek
7/5/11, 11:44 PM   #1
Track prep for THAT for Sprintweek
racephoto1

With what happened Sunday at Terre Haute this past Sunday , I do have a serious question. Who will be doing track prep at Terre Haute for Wednesday's sprint week show. The decision to go , for a lot of people, rests with who is doing track prep.

A real answer would be appreciated , not some guess or smart aleck remark. As Dragnet used to say,"Just the facts please."

7/6/11, 5:44 AM   #2
Re: Track prep for THAT for Sprintweek
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Come on USAC the Fans & Drivers deserve to know it is only fair

7/6/11, 4:21 PM   #3
jim goerge

Anybody with a 5 gal. bucket and a rake will do a better job than they did Sunday

2 members like this post: 38DD, Charles Nungester
7/6/11, 5:18 PM   #4
RichH

This will be a major consideration for our group from Cincy area-it's a 3 hour drive on a week night.
Come on USAC, many of you read this board so man up like your flagman did.
From a 40 year USAC fan.

7/6/11, 5:38 PM   #5
Barney

from Cincy area-it's a 3 hour drive on a week night.

Sorry for getting off topic here but everytime I see something like this it reminds me just how much in the middle of no where racing related we live.

I travel from my house 3 hours east to get to Cincy. They can travel from there to Terra Haute in 3 hours. I go 3 hours west to get there.
Last edited by Barney; 7/6/11 at 5:40 PM. Reason: .

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/6/11, 5:44 PM   #6
racerdog45

simple solution, have a beer garden night before, $2 beer and padlock the port-o-johns..... get 5-6 GOOD race fans and they should be able to dump alot of, ummmm "water" on the track......

7/6/11, 5:58 PM   #7
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
simple solution, have a beer garden night before, $2 beer and padlock the port-o-johns..... get 5-6 GOOD race fans and they should be able to dump alot of, ummmm "water" on the track......
$2.00 a beer !!!! Sell the beer cheaper and the track will be wetter

7/6/11, 6:06 PM   #8
hoosier sprinter

It's been good before and it will be good again. I seriously doubt whoever did it Sunday will be doing it for the Sprintweek show. If I had to guess, it will be a killer track. Series is off Monday and Tuesday, so that will help alot I would think.

7/6/11, 6:13 PM   #9
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Sunday is the truck pulls and monday is the Demo Derby they won't be able to start on the track until Tuesday morning day before the race

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

USAC official Jason Smith was prepared for the criticism he knew would be aimed in USAC’s direction after the race was postponed.

“The first thing we had in mind was safety. When we had the crash on the start, not many [officials] saw it. That told us right then it wasn’t going to be a safe deal,” said Smith.

“We had the right people in the right places with the track prep. It was that the situation and circumstances didn’t play out the way we needed.”

Looking ahead, Smith concedes his organization faces an uphill struggle to win back the confidence of the fans.

“We know we’re pushing the pasta uphill. It’s going to be tough. We’ve got to PR to make up with this. If there were any new fans out there today, I doubt if we get them back.

“I hate that because that’s where we’re at right now. We’re really pushing to create new fans, get them interested in what we are doing. Our fan base is typically older fans. We need to reach out to the younger ones.

“We’re going to be beating ourselves up on whether we made the right decision. At the end of the day we didn’t get anybody hurt. We can be thankful for that.”

From the Tribune Star Joe Buckles

Sounds Like USAC still plans to use the same Track Prep Crew

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/6/11, 6:57 PM   #10
micro94

I say 50 cent drafts. Wont have to do anything to the track all day. Now I wasnt in attendance but why dont you guys at USAC offer free admission for anybody with a ticket stub from that race just to TRY and show your sorry and want to do something about it?

4 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, mikeham73, Sickfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track prep for THAT for Sprintweek