IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's happening to the Burg
6/15/11, 7:58 AM   #1
What's happening to the Burg
DHayes818

Seems like a very down year for Lburg. ISW is the only big sprint show. No O'reilly Allstars, no Outlaws, no NRA Invaders. (the Invaders put on a fabulous show 3 years ago and have never been back) Go ahead and rip me for bitchin, but sitting through 45 modifides to watch 3 sprint races involving 17 cars is pure torture for me. Why don't they bump up the sprint purse for the IMW race so the Midget drivers bring their Sprint Cars? To me, that makes no sense. The track announcer begs the fans to stay for the stock car and Mini Sprint features because few fans want to see them. The Burg is turning into a Modified track and that is a sad fact. Their online schedule stinks. It's no wonder the car count is so low. There's no way for the teams to see the details on upcoming races until it's too late to plan for it. The Dick Gaines memorial used to be a big event but not now. And no, I do not know anything about any of the financial aspects of putting on big races. Just a fading fan.

6/15/11, 8:14 AM   #2
Re: What's happening to the Burg
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I too would like to see a bigger count, However to me the racings never been better

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman
6/15/11, 10:43 AM   #3
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I hope 55 Modifieds show up every week from here on out. And I pray that Dave runs them first to reward them for supporting his track. Take care of the ones that take care of you

1 member likes this post: 38DD
6/15/11, 11:08 AM   #4
LEADERS EDGE

It's a motor and car eater. The weekly racer has a hard time running places like that. Throw in Waynsfield and the 'Burg has some pretty serious headwinds to offset.

3 members like this post: Downey44, MWestfallfan54, SPRINTCAR
6/15/11, 11:33 AM   #5
Beal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
It's a motor and car eater. The weekly racer has a hard time running places like that. Throw in Waynsfield and the 'Burg has some pretty serious headwinds to offset.
We raced 2 seasons with no rebuild on our motor just fine. Lately its been eating alot of tires when it slicks off though.

3 members like this post: berks co, Charles Nungester, jim goerge
6/15/11, 11:46 AM   #6
hupp#9

Dave no matter what you do someone will *****.. When the tracks heavy its all about motor so us locals can't run with the big teams and plus there isn't as much passing.. The only reason we ate up tires last week is because all the midgets plus us lade down rubber, when it's slick you can pass on it and it's also easy on the motors, and most fans dont see that why have it heavy and rough on that big of a track someone will just get Hurt and if you don have a big motor you better stay home
Posted using Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, MWestfallfan54
6/15/11, 12:07 PM   #7
Beal

Wasnt bitchin just saying it wasn't a motor eater like everyone seems to think, and it would be nice with a little more moisture on the track. Last years Mel Johnson classic was great until the rain came.

6/15/11, 12:18 PM   #8
wideopen24

I have only ran Lawrenceburg once a year since 09 but this past week we decided to come down for the IMW race and had a good time! It was very hard on tires... but with the weather and the softer tire midgets hopefully that was a one time deal! We will be back this weekend!

6/15/11, 1:06 PM   #9
Kim Rudisell

Mr. Hayes,

ISW IS NOT THE ONLY "BIG" SPRINT SHOW....we had an April USAC Event scheduled, but guess what, Mother Nature won that one. Also, we have already had an MSCS Show, and also the double header MSCS/USAC Race scheduled October.
In regards to O'Reilly & WOO, these events have to be able to pay for themselves, so if you would like to be a $20,000 sponsor for either of these events, please let me know. However, we did try to schedule a WOO show this season, but the only date available was late October (for WOO) and that just isn't feasible in the midwest to schedule that kind of show not knowing if it will be 70 and sunny or 30 and raining that time of year.
In regards to payout and details, the payout for the events is posted on our website, That is the standard payout unless otherwise noted.

All I can tell ya, is come out to the race of your choice, invite some friends, and have a good time. Because, in the long run, it doesn't matter if it's big names, no names, new names, sanctions, ect. on the track, or how many of them there are, if the racing is good, it's good, if it's not, it's not.
Just my opinion...To each their own...

6/15/11, 1:12 PM   #10
DHayes818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I hope 55 Modifieds show up every week from here on out. And I pray that Dave runs them first to reward them for supporting his track. Take care of the ones that take care of you
If that happens you will have your choice of seats. Not enough modified fans to support two modified tracks within 30 minutes of each other. Lburg cannot survive without sprint cars. No reason to rant about the post, it's just facts.

2 members like this post: Sprints!, Wingman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's happening to the Burg