IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora's new policy
2/15/11, 8:47 PM   #1
Eldora's new policy
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

I don't think I'll pay for my dust outs ahead of time.I'll keep that 306 bucks in my wallet.

1 member likes this post: duel
2/15/11, 9:10 PM   #2
Re: Eldora's new policy
terrehautian

?

2/15/11, 9:12 PM   #3
bigmojo5

Nothing like assuming everyone knows what you're talking about.

2/15/11, 9:27 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Perhaps Aero has been sloshing down one too many ding-a-lings this evening.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/15/11, 11:39 PM   #5
AERO410SCJA

Sorry maybe I'm the only one who got the memo

The last 12 years if you had reserved seats you only had to pay the 2 or 3$ fee up front.Now they want ticket price and $ 3 fee up front.So instead of 36 bucks for 4 seats now they want 306 for the 3 usac races.I could see if there was a waiting list or they could even fill the stands

let's
punish
the
loyal
customers
Last edited by AERO410SCJA; 2/15/11 at 11:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: crawfordsville410fans
2/15/11, 11:46 PM   #6
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post

The last 12 years if you had reserved seats you only had to pay the 2 or 3$ fee up front.Now they want ticket price and $ 3 fee up front.So instead of 36 bucks for 4 seats now they want 306 for the 3 usac races.I could see if there was a waiting list or they could even fill the stands

let's
punish
the
loyal
customers
This is actually just a smart business decision. If you have only paid the small amount for the tickets, but yet for some reason can't make it, the track cannot sell that ticket due to not knowing whether you are coming or not. This makes sure they get their money one way or the other. Shouldn't bother anybody if you are going to the race anyway.

2/15/11, 11:54 PM   #7
Onlydirt

Havent been to Eldora since the 24hrs of Four Crown whatever year that was...no plans of returning either

2/15/11, 11:56 PM   #8
AERO410SCJA

When I started getting reserved seats you had to pick them up by 5 or they would re sell them.Actually after re- reading the memo I would only have to pay 176 by march 15 and 134 by august 15.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
This is actually just a smart business decision. If you have only paid the small amount for the tickets, but yet for some reason can't make it, the track cannot sell that ticket due to not knowing whether you are coming or not. This makes sure they get their money one way or the other. Shouldn't bother anybody if you are going to the race anyway.
Not too smart of a business decision, if I decide to go to another track!
Last edited by AERO410SCJA; 2/15/11 at 11:59 PM.

1 member likes this post: wright59
2/16/11, 8:18 AM   #9
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post

let's
punish
the
loyal
customers
The letter I got showed $5 for reserved Patio seats. In the past all were $2.This reeks with a touch of greed. If you did not claim your seats they were resold.
Myself and a couple of friends got together and bought reserved seat early and I was the disgnated buyer. On race day we bought the GA tickets and we were good to go.
I will buy the seats I want, but some my buddies might hold off or not go at all.

2/16/11, 9:27 AM   #10
Seadog

I can't even drive at night anymore. I maybe can sneak in a trip to the "Burg in at night, 33 miles one-way versus Eldora, 125 miles one-way. So I will never have a chance to go to Eldora ever again. Been going there since 1965.

But maybe that's OK though. What used to be one of my favorite fan-friendly feel-good tracks is no more. I used to just buy a GA ticket, walk in and sit down wherever I wanted. Usually on the hill in turn four in a lawn chair, way before terraces and seats and suites were put in. Bernice sold reseved seats for $1 in the top three(?) rows. Seems they are trying to NASCAR-ize (bastardize) Eldora too much. Nothing wrong with trying to make a buck, but too many rules and regulations about where you can or can't sit unless you come up with more $$$. It sort of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

So Eldora will have to be just a memory for me from now on.

OK, I'll quit griping now.

3 members like this post: duel, jim goerge, speed bump
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora's new policy