IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC sprint Car August 14th race TBA
2/3/11, 10:26 PM   #1
USAC sprint Car August 14th race TBA
Jonr

On USAC's schedule, they have a TBA race on Sunday August 14th. This is the Sunday after they spend Fri and Sat nights at Dodge City, Ks.

Valley speedway in the KC, Mo area has released their schedule with USAC running at their track on this date. Does anyone know if this race is now official?

I am very excited that I can sleep in my own bed and watch the USAC sprints. However, there are at least 3-4 other tracks in the area that I would have prefered to see instead of Valley. A little disappointed that USAC and Lakeside could not get together to continue the Ron Shuman Classic.

2/4/11, 3:29 AM   #2
Re: USAC sprint Car August 14th race TBA
cowboyhar69

Paging Spridge

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

Looks like this track is located off I-70 about halfway between Kansas City and Odessa (where I70 Speedway was located) Missouri.
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 2/4/11 at 3:31 AM. Reason: addition

2/4/11, 12:40 PM   #3
oldfan49

Valley is the type of track these guys run on weekly in Indiana.

2/4/11, 2:21 PM   #4
cowboyhar69

here is a link to Valley Speedway and some photos of the track...hope this works.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

http://valleyspeedway.com/aboutus.aspx

looks like a neat little place.
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 2/4/11 at 2:24 PM. Reason: addition

2/4/11, 2:51 PM   #5
spindell

On their website it also shows the weekly sprint car show being wingless!
I would rather see USAC at Lakeside also, but beggars can't be choosers, just happy to see USAC in the neighborhood.

2/4/11, 2:56 PM   #6
Kansasdirtfan

Three consecutive nights of USAC sprints within 4 hours of home? That's a slice of heaven for a Kansas boy.

2/4/11, 3:49 PM   #7
oldfan49

For the last few years Valley has ran a Friday night show consisting of 305 sprints, 1200 lightning sprints, and 600 micro's. They ran 2 weeks with wings in all classes and then alternated with 2 weeks without wings for all classes. They run fendered cars on Sat nights. In October last year they ran a open sprint non wing series that went over well. They have had POWRI and SMRS Midgets several times over the last few year and they always put on a great show there

This year they have changed to open non wing sprints every week with some concessions for 305's and 360's.

I always loved the Lakeside show and folowed the whole TNT tour each year but I think after the locals here see what a USAC show is like on a bull ring they may just change their mind.

Grain valley is a suburb of KC basically and even with some complaints the town has shown great support for the track. If anyof you are travelling through KC on a Friday nights give it a visit.

Thanks to Dennis Shrout for bringing Traditional Open Wheel racing back to the KC area

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, spindell
2/4/11, 7:00 PM   #8
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan49 View Post
Valley is the type of track these guys run on weekly in Indiana.
I guess we will have to disagree on that one.

I will give Valley credit for bringing in USAC and POWRI. I truely appreciate them bringing in these shows. However, I still think that for overall experience at a race track that they are at the bottom of the list for the tracks in the KC area.

BTW. I have visited both Bloomington and Lawrenceburg and these tracks also rate higher than Valley.
Last edited by Jonr; 2/4/11 at 7:01 PM.

2/4/11, 8:32 PM   #9
fasster23

I don't disagree that there are nicer tracks than Valley but at the same time you don't see Lakeside or CMS offering up weekly sprint cars for us. Other than LA you have to drive to Sedalia or LOS. I'm really excited for this year. They have the Poweri midgets, USAC Sprints and the ASCS Warriors coming to town. Like oldfan49 said, credit to Mr. Shrout and Valley for for offering up a great schedule. I got to watch the Crown Cars at DuQuoin last year for my first USAC show and I can't wait to see the Sprints. I hope to have my pile put together by then.
Posted via Mobile Device

2/4/11, 9:29 PM   #10
tjcain58

Yes those tracks are pretty nice but I echo the others no one else runs non wing sprints. I will be running as much as I can, if I can get off the road(otr truck driver). And I'm so wishing this is a yearly deal cause 81 speedway will bring in something like this scra,tnt, or usac once then never again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC sprint Car August 14th race TBA