IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Races On The Web To PPV Fort Wayne
12/18/10, 3:05 PM   #1
Races On The Web To PPV Fort Wayne
Tony Barhorst

BREAKING NEWS!

Races On The Web will be covering the 13th annual *Rumble in Fort Wayne* indoor midget races on New Years Eve at the Memorial Coliseum Expo Center. More information will follow shortly but the event will be a $5.99 Pay Per View event covering all divisions. A full midget event at 7:00 pm each night. A schedule of events will be posted soon. BOTH DEC. 31 and JAN. 1 will be streamed for $5.99 each day.

You can read more on this event on the RUMBLE SERIES website.

Please read our instructions on how to use our PPV system below!

http://www.racesontheweb.com/
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/20/10 at 10:16 AM.

1 member likes this post: Isaac Chapple Racing
12/20/10, 10:15 AM   #2
Re: Races On The Web To PPV Fort Wayne
Tony Barhorst

Both days will now be available on pay per view. You can pre order and be all set by clicking here.

12/20/10, 10:23 AM   #3
ISF

After this past Saturday night forgive me if I'm a bit cynical in regards to PPV racing on the internet.

What's the minimum speed that is required to support the stream?

Is this a Coke syrup or dirt track?

12/20/10, 1:07 PM   #4
Tony Barhorst

Event info here: http://www.rumbleseries.com/

Go to this website and scroll down to the intructions. It is coke syrup track, but you will see extensive passing.

Races On The Web streams races all summer, and have the bugs worked out. http://www.racesontheweb.com/

Check out this youtube video from 07. You can catch all the midget action after 7. We run the karts and QMs mostly before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GCKFQIwI-o

We will have 3 camera angles.

Here is D.O.'s clip of last years night one 60 lap feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMwuVkoc7X0
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/20/10 at 1:49 PM.

12/20/10, 1:20 PM   #5
micro94

If its the same people that did DuQuoin you can forget about that idea.Just a heads up cause you may have about 3 people try to buy it if not.Make sure you put the company on here and make damn sure they arent affiliated with the DuQuoin crew.Just my 2 cents thats all.Actually it was my $14.95 but still.

12/20/10, 1:39 PM   #6
Tony Barhorst

This is not the same company that did Duquoin..This company streams tracks out of Michigan all summer..They have it going.

Micro..Sorry it didn't work out for you on Duquoin..I managed to watch it without problems. I know that the company there had complaints. I bought the deal to basically see what problems may arise.

I think the company that did Duquoin should have had an event schedule up among other things.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/20/10 at 1:40 PM.

12/20/10, 2:10 PM   #7
ISF

Here we go again.

I found nowhere to test download speed on the website provided.

12/20/10, 2:19 PM   #8
Tony Barhorst

They list a way to test on their page....I have copied their entire instructions below. Perhaps there are other people who have watched Races On The Web to vouch for them. One thing..Our race stream will start much earlier than Duquoin did..like NOON..But you can see all the midget races after 7:00 PM.

I am sorry some of you were screwed out of watching the races. It looks like Jacob Wilson and the #10 team were screwed out of a starting spot in the feature also..does that mean he quits racing?...NO..HE IS RACING NEXT WEEK......

THE COMPANY I AM DEALING WITH OPERATES ALL SUMMER.

Hopefully, you can all come out to the races in person..Thats where the party is.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst

How Do I Use Your PPV System?!
All you will need is a valid credit/debit card or a PayPal account. You MUST have a high speed internet connection (DSL or better). How To Buy:

1. Go to: our PPV page and click "Signup." (You MUST Signup in order to complete the buy). We have found it is better to make your user name as one word. 90% of the times we have users having problems, it is with users who use a two word user name. Once the form is filled out, click "Continue." Once signed up you won't need to register again. Tell your browser to remember your user and password for ease of use down the road.

2. Click your browser will take you to the Pay Per View Ticket Purchase page.

3. You will see a drop down menu that says "Select Product." Select the desired choice and click "Order."

4. You'll be taken to PayPal website where you can use a valid credit/debit card or paypal account to purchase. Once you select and fill out the payment information click "pay now" (or for Credit/Debit Card Purchases click on "Review and Continue."). Once it confirms your completed payment, click on the link that says "Return to Races On The Web." Make sure your email on file with Paypal is VALID so that if you have a problem, we can contact you! We have found that as many as 20% of all users have invalid email addresses on file with Paypal.

5. Once back at ROTW you'll see a confirmation of the order, then click "Login." (You will also be emailed a confirmation of the order. If you don't receive a confirmation check your trash/spam folder.)

6. Once your back to the Pay Per View Ticket Purchase Page (the page that has the drop down menu) look on the left hand side that says "Your Subscriptions" and your order should be listed directly below. You might have to reload or refresh your page by clicking on the F5 key, located on the very top row of your keyboard.

Once you see your order listed under "Your Subscriptions" click it and you'll be prompted for your username & password. This is the same name & password you registered for in step 1). You'll then be taken to the viewing page.

If you ordered a LIVE broadcast and the player says "File or stream not found" then the broadcast has not yet started. Broadcast will start about 10 minutes before the first race. If you ordered a replay and you get an error, drop us a note from the email link above and we will be with you as soon as possible.

To test if you can watch the video, just click & play the player below. If you can't watch the video then download the latest Adobe Flash Player as noted below in the UPDATES section.

View this same page here with the link. http://www.racesontheweb.com/

New To ROTW Video?? - Links to Updates!
We have upgraded all of our servers to allow more people to view with fewer problems. The browser wars between Microsoft, Apple, and others left many viewers unable to view without all kinds of work but we hope that is not an issue this year. Our streams are now all done in Flash video and seem to be 100% better quaility and with fewer problems.
Firefox seems to have an occasional problem and FireFox users may have to use another browser or get Adobe's Flash Player to view the stream. Mac users may have to get Flash Player for Macs.

Many first time viewers report difficulties seeing the feed. It's easy to say it is a problem on the uplink end, but we do ask that you ensure your browser is fully updated before you get your ticket. Go to Microsoft Updates and install all the latest updates from them. Firefox users - there is a new update available HERE. Mac users can get Flip 4 Mac HERE.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/20/10 at 2:45 PM.

12/20/10, 3:16 PM   #9
ISF

To see the text concerning the test I had to highlight it as if to copy and paste otherwise it was illedgeable. And, after I could see it by highlighting it there was no player there to click on and play as the text indicated. I downloaded the flash player as well and there still is nothing to click on to accept some advertisement for the Ad Council to Fight Global Warming.

Nothing personal, but my scepticism comes from having money sucked out of my pocket and receiving nothing in return. Whether or not this outfit has broadcast all summer or not is of no significance at this point. Gettin' off on the wrong foot is a red flag and is significant.
Last edited by ISF; 12/20/10 at 3:20 PM.

12/20/10, 4:16 PM   #10
Tony Barhorst

I suggest coming in person then. I saw your posts when Duquoin was running. Both you and Micro 94 were ripped.

All I can say is this is a totally different company, different venue, price and everything.

I asked about possible trouble that has happened with other video streams in advance. Crystal Motor Speedway in Michigan has been using this company for 12 years. I talked to the promoter there...I have done my homework here.

Best,
Tony Barhorst

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03 PM ----------

ATTENTION..THIS IS THE SAME COMPANY THAT DID THE KOKOMO KLASH..THAT RACE IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR $1.99..CHECK IT OUT.

You can also watch Pay-Per-View replays of the Kokomo Klash for $1.99 for each of the two nights. Vist our PPV Page. See below on how to use the PPV page.

If you have a complaint..I suggest calling POWERI

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03 PM ----------

Just to let you know..we will be streaming from a major venue in Fort Wayne that has state of the art high speed available to promoters...so we will have the best setup with the announcers sound plugged into the mixing board.

I am glad you guys brought all this up so we can explain it better.

Here is the Kokomo thread..that Races On The Web worked. We will have three cameras..in optimum condition.

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=38187

Another thing...It is warm inside the Expo Center in Fort Wayne..
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/20/10 at 5:11 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Races On The Web To PPV Fort Wayne