IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Roger Bailey
12/13/10, 3:13 AM   #1
Roger Bailey
Russ

Is Indy Pro Series boss Roger Bailey the same Roger Bailey from Patchogue, LA that raced midgets in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's with ARDC and other clubs?

12/13/10, 11:01 AM   #2
Re: Roger Bailey
richie

Nope. I don't believe so. The Roger Bailey that is with Indy Lights was a mechanic, not a driver. He worked as a mechanic for Jim Barber, Cooper Cars, Ken Tyrrell, Ferrari, and built Offenhauser engines for McLaren at Indy in the early 1970s, and then went onto work for March Indy Cars before starting the ARS/Indy Lights in the mid-80s.

I don't believe he's from Louisiana either. I've met him before; he sounded British to me.

12/14/10, 2:14 AM   #3
Russ

Thanks for the response and information. I've been researching some old photos and came across one of a Roger Bailey in the #18 Gerisi Offy Midget at Allentown in 1961. I couldn't find any info to verify if it was the same guy or not.

12/14/10, 9:55 AM   #4
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I always thought the ARDC Roger Baily was from Long Island. There is a Patchogue, NY. ???

12/15/10, 5:30 AM   #5
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
I always thought the ARDC Roger Baily was from Long Island. There is a Patchogue, NY. ???
You're right, it is Patchogue, NY that he was from. I don't think there even is a Patchogue, LA. I also found a post on the H.A.M.B. board that says he is no longer living. Thanks for the help.

12/15/10, 1:35 PM   #6
oldtimer

Roger Bailey was a Mailman in Patchogue,NY.He drove in ARDC and Nascar Midget Division. I got to see him race at Islip Speedway a number of times.I have a photo of the # 18 in my album here on IOW.
The car is part of the Himes Museum Of Motor Racing Nostalgia in Bay Shore,LI. NY. 1-631-666-4912 or www.THEHIMESMUSEUM.com
Last edited by oldtimer; 12/15/10 at 2:15 PM. Reason: more info

12/15/10, 9:00 PM   #7
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Roger Bailey was a Mailman in Patchogue,NY.He drove in ARDC and Nascar Midget Division. I got to see him race at Islip Speedway a number of times.I have a photo of the # 18 in my album here on IOW.
The car is part of the Himes Museum Of Motor Racing Nostalgia in Bay Shore,LI. NY. 1-631-666-4912 or www.THEHIMESMUSEUM.com
Thank you for the information.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Roger Bailey