IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winter Weather
12/11/10, 7:56 PM   #1
Winter Weather
Tim Watson

Well it's that time again where i like to bring everybody up to speed on the weather here inside the cheese curtain of the frozen tundra.

Our winter storm warning has been upgraded (thank you very much) to a blizzard warning through 6pm Sunday. Snow is flying and later the wind will pick up to cause white out conditions. Travel is not recommended for tonight and we look to be in the range of 11"-17" by Sunday. This looks like kind of a wide band so some of you might be getting some of our leftovers! My work Christmas party is tonight but we choose not to go cause of this storm, it just isn't worth it. Looks like i'll be going out to start cleaning up this mess yet tonight cause it could really be bad in the morning. I got BEER in the garage and kerosene in the torpedo heater to help me through our first winter storm.

12/11/10, 8:16 PM   #2
Re: Winter Weather
badgerfan

I guess I should'a got off my duff and put the Christmas stuff out today Tim. Its coming down good here too, at least I got the snowblower running the other week. Looks like a white Christmas!

12/11/10, 8:32 PM   #3
Scott Daloisio

82 here today and supposed to be 86 tomorrow! Sorry, I just could not resist.

12/11/10, 8:36 PM   #4
BIGEBUDMAN

I say bring it on! I could use a day off Monday.lol

12/11/10, 9:38 PM   #5
Tim Watson

Well i think i'm getting close to going out and having a BEER and make my first sweep of the driveway. Looks like about 4-5" on the patio table so far. We have some tall pine trees on our lot and as much as i hate snow, they look beautiful.

12/11/10, 9:47 PM   #6
terrehautian

On Monday, early predictions was fro 5-8 inches here in Terre Haute. By Wednesday it was down to 3-5. Now we could get 1-3. I want another good snow, like 10-12 inches. It has been raining all day here instead of snowing.

12/11/10, 9:47 PM   #7
Ovalmeister

Good luck Tim......the storm has finally passed through here in Minneapolis. 21 inches of snow! The 40 mph wind is causing 6 to 7 foot drifts. Overnight temps are expected to be -30 degrees. Yes NEGATIVE 30 degrees! Unfortunately I'm working tonight 7pm to 7am. And it's my birthday. And no beer. Remind me again why I left Arizona???

ps....Scott, you're an A$$.
just kidding, we still love ya.

The good news is the NY Giants, who are supposed to play the Vikes here tomorrow, are stuck in the Kansas City airport.
Last edited by Ovalmeister; 12/11/10 at 9:49 PM. Reason: spell

12/11/10, 9:58 PM   #8
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Well it's that time again where i like to bring everybody up to speed on the weather here inside the cheese curtain of the frozen tundra.

Our winter storm warning has been upgraded (thank you very much) to a blizzard warning through 6pm Sunday. Snow is flying and later the wind will pick up to cause white out conditions. Travel is not recommended for tonight and we look to be in the range of 11"-17" by Sunday. This looks like kind of a wide band so some of you might be getting some of our leftovers! My work Christmas party is tonight but we choose not to go cause of this storm, it just isn't worth it. Looks like i'll be going out to start cleaning up this mess yet tonight cause it could really be bad in the morning. I got BEER in the garage and kerosene in the torpedo heater to help me through our first winter storm.
Good thing you live north of me...38 and Rain here.

12/11/10, 10:06 PM   #9
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
On Monday, early predictions was fro 5-8 inches here in Terre Haute. By Wednesday it was down to 3-5. Now we could get 1-3. I want another good snow, like 10-12 inches. It has been raining all day here instead of snowing.
You want a good snow, hop in the car and if you make it here in the morning we will have at least a foot for you!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Good luck Tim......the storm has finally passed through here in Minneapolis. 21 inches of snow! The 40 mph wind is causing 6 to 7 foot drifts. Overnight temps are expected to be -30 degrees. Yes NEGATIVE 30 degrees! Unfortunately I'm working tonight 7pm to 7am. And it's my birthday. And no beer. Remind me again why I left Arizona???

ps....Scott, you're an A$$.
just kidding, we still love ya.

The good news is the NY Giants, who are supposed to play the Vikes here tomorrow, are stuck in the Kansas City airport.
I don't think we will get quite the 21" you got but the winds are coming later to do some drifting.

Happy Birthday! I'll have one for you!

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Zirzow View Post
We had a little rain early in the afternoon. You are definitely in a better spot than i am.....this time.

12/12/10, 12:55 AM   #10
Winter Weather Updates From the East!!......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Zirzow View Post
Congrats Fred!!....on winning Free Pizza,for a Year, as was announced at da 'PAS' during "Glen Howard" Memorial Finale.......

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winter Weather