IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > woo a joke
11/7/10, 11:26 AM   #1
woo a joke
dirt330

After watching the woo world finals saturday night i know why most of us love non-wing sprints. Follow the leader all night, single file throughtout the field. Sure makes living in indiana special with all the great dirt tracks ,best promotors ,great car counts, and best fans in the country. Can't wait for next season.

3 members like this post: 64chevy, jim goerge, Modocer 57
11/7/10, 11:50 AM   #2
Re: woo a joke
TQ29m

11/7/10, 12:30 PM   #3
robert gatten

at least it was on tv without spotty feeds and off air dead spots. non wings are a much better show at local tracks or USAC races but you can't convince the novice of that with the coverage only being on the net with poor feeds during the show.

11/7/10, 1:08 PM   #4
Stagger

Yep, the coverage was spotty, Yep, missed Sat. A main. I am still extremely grateful for the coverage I got to see for FREE!!!!
Sure it would be cool to iron out some issues whether it is their technology...or the tracks technology I don't really care.

I just think it is cool that when I can not attend a race there is a pretty good chance I can watch some of it for FREE on the net.
Thanks to everyone who tries to send us the best feed they can at the time and conditions....As much ******** I hear about the feeds I would not even do it.... But THEY still do it. THX guys.

11/7/10, 1:51 PM   #5
NEDAPSH

We should all be greatful that we got to see racing from Perris at all spotty or not. Perris has always been a black out period. Be thankful for what you got or next time go in person. That way the negativity doesn't blow it for the ones that can't make it in person. Thanks for the show I was able to see.

11/7/10, 2:06 PM   #6
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
After watching the woo world finals saturday night i know why most of us love non-wing sprints. Follow the leader all night, single file throughtout the field. Sure makes living in indiana special with all the great dirt tracks ,best promotors ,great car counts, and best fans in the country. Can't wait for next season.
Lowe's isn't the best track for sprint cars that's for sure but when you have that many cars racing on it all night, the track is going to get spent pretty quick. The first few years that the track was going it seemed like they watered it down all the time, now it's dry slick. I will say that the Late Model race was interesting with Darrell Lannigan putting the pressure on Josh Richards for the title late in the race. Tim McCreadie is a racer for sure as he came from 25th to 5th in his LM.

11/7/10, 2:25 PM   #7
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I was there. Mods and LM's were great. I've been stuck on a bus 20 miles from the Canadian border after a blown tire took out a bunch of air lines under the bus.

Can someone explain how the promoter and fans have anything to do with follow the leader racing?

You are not a better fan simply by being a non wing fan as opposed to anything else. I could go on, but I'm typing on a phone.

Nonwing isn't perfect. Yes the wing heats were follow the leader just like the features. The tv coverage, big purses, truly national and international events are the reason 14,000 people showed up to watch in high 20 degree weather.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dusty tracks, IndyBound
11/7/10, 2:41 PM   #8
robert gatten

I am thankful they try but I'm involved in sprint car racing and continue to be disapointed in the way USAC promotes their product and coverage. As long as everyone remains content the sport will not attract new fans or interest new owners to get involved. read the article fishburger put up ,from the promoter at Perris, and then think of the coverage and you will see where a lot of the problems he's talking about come from. Non wing sprint car racing is one of the most exciting and challenging sports there is but without great coverage the fans and prospective owners will never truely get involved , as most of us are. Cutting back the number of shows and worse yet purses ,does nothing to help the sport and poor promotions just add to the problem.

2 members like this post: IndyBound
11/7/10, 3:07 PM   #9
Stagger

All Good Points....

Ahhhh Where is Ron Shuman when you need him.... I found that Article Interesting that they are entertaining the thought of ASCS.
That brings the 'SHOE" back into the picture. They should have never screwed him over. I think they realize that now.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/7/10, 3:46 PM   #10
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

USAC has better racing but let's face it: their purses suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > woo a joke