IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The New Generation Silver Crown Car
11/4/10, 8:42 AM   #1
The New Generation Silver Crown Car
miledirt

Or whatever they were calling it...

Is that deal dead?

Wasn't something supposed to be going on by now, I thought they were going to run on tracks up to 1.5 mile...

Any news

11/4/10, 10:01 AM   #2
Re: The New Generation Silver Crown Car
mikew

http://www.goldcrownchampionship.com/goldcrownnews.html

I think it is dead to USAC, but Ashmore Designs is still trying to get people interested and a new series off the ground based around their reworked new 'new silver crown' concept. Their website has a bunch of information about their ideas on it. The latest thing appears that they have done some demonstration laps at Toledo.

I think USAC wisely is steering clear of this one. They have enough problems generating interest in their Silver Crown division as it is. Adding in a new Gold Crown division, or replacing the current Silver Crown car with this one would probably be out of the question economically....

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

By the way, their old press releases state that they will run a 10 race series in 2011, (half paved ovals, half paved road courses) but currently there is nothing on their website that indicates this is going forward. Looks to be a concept looking for buyers.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound
11/4/10, 10:30 AM   #3
miledirt

Thanks for the update

11/4/10, 7:47 PM   #4
bigmojo5

They had booth space at IMIS-Indy last year. Maybe they'll be back this year.

11/4/10, 8:15 PM   #5
sc96

Things are moving forward I think bruce has some things underway but with a project like this you need all your ducks in a row and when this all comes about it needs to be done right. The new design has been vey popular with most people as a matter of fact I have not had anyone say anything bad about the new design.

11/4/10, 10:25 PM   #6
racephoto1

The fans haven't seen it run yet, that's when you'll find out weather it works or not.

6/21/11, 3:51 PM   #7
grinch

i think that gold crown whatever you call it ......got more people out of racing than it ever will attrack new people into it.................

6/21/11, 11:21 PM   #8
racephoto1

Ipswich, boy do I miss the pizza from the bar in town. Good stuff when ordered with extra oil.

6/22/11, 11:42 AM   #9
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
i think that gold crown whatever you call it ......got more people out of racing than it ever will attrack new people into it.................
I think you are right, Grinch. Off topic, I miss coming to Ipswich for seafood at The Clam Box.

Patti

6/22/11, 12:26 PM   #10
grinch

Patti....we will have to correct that situation........there is no better seafood than "the clam box"...................

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

is that bar called ....."the riverview"?................a long time favorite here in ipswich

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The New Generation Silver Crown Car