IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video of Kent Schmidt's flip at Gold Crown
10/4/10, 9:58 PM   #1
Video of Kent Schmidt's flip at Gold Crown
stlracing

Mike & Jamie Horcher Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAByE8YgO5w

10/4/10, 9:59 PM   #2
Re: Video of Kent Schmidt's flip at Gold Crow
bmemmer

holly cow!!!!!!!

10/4/10, 10:09 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

Then Schmidt shook out the cobwebs and jumped in his midget and ran his heat and B-Main.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

10/5/10, 1:32 AM   #4
Millsvideo

Never been much of a fan of this style of documenting events. Some of the greatest racing these eyes have ever witnessed occurred on Saturday night, and invariably some people walked away dissatisfied because there wasn't a red flag all night.

DM

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
10/5/10, 2:48 AM   #5
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
Never been much of a fan of this style of documenting events. Some of the greatest racing these eyes have ever witnessed occurred on Saturday night, and invariably some people walked away dissatisfied because there wasn't a red flag all night.

DM
I hear ya Dean, I never could understand the clowns who want to see cars crash. If they ever knew anyone who drove one or ever spent untold hours working on them, they would change their tune.

There wasn't a red all weekend for the midgets, nothing but GREAT hard, clean racing throughout the field!!!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
10/5/10, 10:31 AM   #6
duel

i love great racing like the midgets put on and i think most people don't want to see cars crash. this kind of open wheel racing is full of cowboys. when i see someone get upside down it reminds of why i'm sitting in the stands and not out there breaking my butt. let alone the cost to repair em. looks like a whole lot of fun though.

10/5/10, 2:01 PM   #7
darnall

Only 8-10 seconds from the time the car stopped moving until the first person got there to help...sure the driver was already crawling out but a 10 second response time sure is good to see.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
10/5/10, 3:07 PM   #8
Haulerin2deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post

DM

Dean, I would have to agree with you about not wanting to see redflags. I still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach everytime I'm in the car and I see that red light come on. That being said when you are involved in the accident it is helpful to see it from the outside so that you can compare it to what you think happend inside the car. Just my opinion. It was great visiting with you at Granite.

Chad Branson
Last edited by Haulerin2deep; 10/5/10 at 3:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: buck2
10/5/10, 4:48 PM   #9
illiNOISE

We've always sat in the next to last section of stands at Granite, so this happened right in front of us. As it unfolded, my first thought was "Are there any fans standing along the fence?" Having viewed the video, I'm struck by how much faster it happened compared to how long it seemed to take watching it live, almost like it was happening in slow motion.

10/5/10, 6:22 PM   #10
Crankin

VERY fortunate to catch the edge of that wall with the rear of the car.

Sorry Dean, I don't get out much anymore

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Video of Kent Schmidt's flip at Gold Crown