IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Positive post about the 4-Crown
9/28/10, 10:56 PM   #1
A Positive post about the 4-Crown
newman1957

As my seven yr old son and I were sitting in the hallowed grounds of Section A this past Saturday, he turns to me with a big ole grin and says, "Dad, I don't know what it is about them, but I sure do love watching those midgets." It was at that moment that I knew he was hooked and will be a fan for life.

I think I was more proud at that moment than earlier in the day when he threw for two touchdowns in a peewee football game.

9/29/10, 10:31 AM   #2
Re: A Positive post about the 4-Crown
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

That is great!!!!

9/29/10, 1:05 PM   #3
SPRINTCAR

Hook, line and sinker:hook:

9/29/10, 1:18 PM   #4
racinround

Job well done Dad.

9/29/10, 3:12 PM   #5
ThePurple73

This post says a lot about the dad as well. Being there to attend the football games and thoughtful enough to entertain his son with a night of racing. It is not hard to imagine this young fellow will be a "positive" person himself.

I can remember every race my dad took me to, and football/basketball games my dad attended and when I was young.

Those are the kind of memories that are never forgotten.

This "positive" post made my day.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 9/29/10 at 6:22 PM.

9/29/10, 5:10 PM   #6
K9Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
This post says a lot about the dad as well. Being there to attend the football games and thoughtful enough to entertain his son with a night of racing. It is not hard to imagine this young fellow will be a "positive" person himself.

I can remember every race my dad took me to, and football/basketball games my dad attended and when I was young.

Those are the kind of memories never forgotten.

This "positive" post made my day.
Me too!!! Way Cool.

9/29/10, 5:34 PM   #7
jim goerge

that is soooooooooo KOOL whats the ad say PRICELESS

9/29/10, 9:29 PM   #8
jpa317

A-men Preacher Dave! I'm 34 now and have been going to races with my dad for almost 30 years. He came over from Pittsburgh and we caught the 4-crown together. We had two great nights at the track and got to spend some family time together during the days. I'm glad we've got something to look forward to and share. No need to get all wound up about wangs or group qualifying or a little dust.

My girls are 3 and 1, and I can only hope that we'll have something to share when they are adults. The 3 year old and I have been to Winchester twice with Grandad this year and made an outing to Miami county too. Last night she said she wanted to go to the racetrack with grandad, and I can't wait for the Silver Crown show at Toledo for our next family outing.

Jon

9/29/10, 10:40 PM   #9
SDHill89

I like this. It reminds me of when I got hooked as a kid going to races with my dad.

9/29/10, 10:58 PM   #10
JGlas14

My son thought I was crazy because I made him take a week off from running his micro sprint to take him on a 11th birthday "suprise" trip until he realized we pulled into the parking lot for his first trip to Eldora. (we told him we were going to a truck pull, lol) He was so excited and got to watch his favorite driver Levi Jones pull off a victory. He said it was his best birthday ever.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Positive post about the 4-Crown