IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jon's Mom. Remember when?
8/30/10, 12:00 PM   #1
Jon's Mom. Remember when?
davidlyons

RE: Your degrading comments toward Justin Grant last night.

Think back to when Jon was in his first year of sprint car racing?

Jon is probably "ONE OF THE BEST" sprint car drivers in the country, but he sure was terrible when he started, and still hits cars today.

SO here it is; When you hit a car:
1) If you are a veteran it's called "hard racing",
2) If you are a rookie it's called a "bone head move",
3) But when you are a rookie dicing with the veterans up front it's called "Out of Control".

This kid (JG) has so much cooped up talent. This is his first year in a Sprint Car. Ken Baldwin has found a kid that has huge potential. I've seen a lot of first year drivers, and the kid (JG) ranks way up there.

The kid ventured off on his own to take on the best drivers in the country with no money, no experience, and no job. My hats off to him!

Dave. (BTW: yes Jon's mom, I'm a JS fan, love to watch him race)

PS: DAMN! I wish I did not get transferred to Texas.
I MISS INDIANA OPEN WHEEL RACING!!!!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, I Miss Manzy
8/30/10, 2:14 PM   #2
Re: Jon's Mom. Remember when?
reeserx

I agree completely with you dave, Justin Grant is goin to be somethin once he breaks out, Last night at kokomo was the best i've seen him yet, He always parks his hauler right in front of us where we tailgate so i always get to talk to him. Hes very down to earth and just a overall nice guy. First time i seen him race at kokomo this year i knew he was somethin special, just watch and find out :2:

8/30/10, 4:29 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Justin is hired to stand on the gas. Sometimes he's over his head, Other times he's blowing the doors off the competition. Just like another car (Ten) Rhymes with Ritz. When he finds out he has to be there at the last lap to win. WATCH OUT! cause he'll be unstoppable.

Jon wasn't horrible when he started, He took a crappy old car and won with it a few times.

I know this, I enjoy watching them both, and SH** happens is a big part of racing.

8/30/10, 5:14 PM   #4
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

David I was wondering why you would call "Jon's Mom" out on asking a question, but then I see after reading all 10 of your post they consits of Justin Grant..

So I'll impose the question..HOW MANY CARS HAS JUSTIN GRANT HIT AND TORE UP THIS YEAR?.... He got a 2 for 1 deal (Dave and Jon)at the Bob Darland Mem. a few weeks back. He has hit alot of other racers but I will say this...It is ALWAYS easier to pull back on the reins then to giddy-up...Justin is just a young stud but with proper development he will be a THROUGHBRED!!!!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jon's Mom. Remember when?