IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For all that asked about our engine.
7/18/10, 9:21 PM   #1
For all that asked about our engine.
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

We took the engine out of the car today and pulled the pan. Our crank is what broke in Qualifying yesterday. Took out 2 of the Main Bearings and rubbed up against the block. We think the block alright but are gonna have it checked out and the engine re-freshened.

I've gotta say. Out of everything that I've ever done. Sprint week was by far the best. Glad I was able to run it and I cant wait for next year. Looks like we're gonna be out for a few weeks. Anybody wanna give an aspiring young driver a ride?

Sincerely,
JJ Hughes

7/18/10, 11:24 PM   #2
Re: For all that asked about our engine.
cmakin

Sorry to hear about the engine, but it was a good call on your part to park it. Congrats on your runs this past week.

7/19/10, 7:29 AM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You got what about three Usac races prior to sprintweek? then got two 8th quicks a 15th and a 8th finish? a couple tracks youd never ran a sprinter on and a couple others you only got a few.

GREAT WORK HUGHES FAMILY, DEVIN and all involved!
Honestly wondered if it was the car or your lines with the JEI but you came out of the box with that XxX hooked up and wound for sound!

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
7/19/10, 8:54 AM   #4
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

I wonder if there is 250 IOW members out there that would give this young driver $100 each so he could have another engine? My $100 is on the way.

7/19/10, 10:03 AM   #5
LEADERS EDGE

Nice to see JJ and his family have a break out ISW.

7/19/10, 12:53 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Nice to see JJ and his family have a break out ISW.
It seems every year new drivers step up and have a breakout time at Indiana Sprintweek. Glad to see Blake pick up his first USAC victory and kudos to JJ and crew for a great effort throughout. Hope to see them back in action soon. Good luck the rest of the season.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/20/10, 12:05 AM   #7
jontheturboguy

JJ congrats on a great ISW.

You dam well know... if I could weld your engine back together I would, but its just not so.

7/20/10, 8:36 AM   #8
R&B

JJ Sorry to hear about your Engine Truckers 24 / R&B still has 3 engines for sale 1 With 9 races 2 just freshned by Foxco If interested please call me 317-244-2424 Roger

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For all that asked about our engine.