Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi blocking
7/10/10, 12:39 PM   #1
Levi blocking
SPRINTCAR

He sure is good at it.

7/10/10, 1:09 PM   #2
Re: Levi blocking
hogan6

Yes he's very good at it. And he was the cause of that first lap mess too. He's been driving like a chump for a few years now.

7/10/10, 1:11 PM   #3
axsom#11

needs a little of it done to him
Last edited by axsom#11; 7/13/10 at 9:49 AM.

7/10/10, 1:32 PM   #4
Jerry Shaw

I thought DD handled the situation like a pro. He had a right to give Levi a wheel, after what happened. But he didn't. Just backed off a bit, got another run and took the spot.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mtek56, SprintManDave, ThaBurgFan
7/10/10, 1:51 PM   #5
RGraves

Clauson dumped him because of it several weeks back. I think his ego is getting a bit too big. I really wish Tony would put another young wheel man in the car. Levi has ran his course, time to move on.

7/10/10, 2:19 PM   #6
JstAbvVMC

He is not blocking he is just "adjusting his line"....

7/10/10, 2:20 PM   #7
Illini8

Ran his course? Isn't he leading the points? Won a few races. Are you kidding me?

2 members like this post: Austin75, Motormasher
7/10/10, 2:37 PM   #8
mnnonwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Yes he's very good at it. And he was the cause of that first lap mess too. He's been driving like a chump for a few years now.
Your a chump!

1 member likes this post: JCC
7/10/10, 2:39 PM   #9
Trish8574

And like Levi is the ONLY DRIVER that does it? Seriously? And why would Tony want to put another driver behind the wheel when he is still winning races and championships? And as far as what he supposably did to DD, it looked like they were both goin for the same position and it was good hard racing!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/10, 2:41 PM   #10
j_vennard54

Listen guys, I'm a friend of Levi, grew up racing with him. So obviously I do have some bias here, but point of the matter is, blocking like what you are talking about isn't possible. No radios, no mirrors, you can somewhat hear the guys around you. But as a driver, what is your job on the race track? To try to win, and if you can't put it in the circle you want to be or stay as close to that spot as your can. I've been frustrated myself with guys who make their cars as wide as they can, on several occasions, but I've also been the guy making the car wide, and hard to pass. Either way you've got to find your way around the person, I wasn't there last night, and didn't see it first hand. I'm happy to see Dave win, it's well deserved on all accounts, but there isn't any reason for the Levi bashing, ego this and that.

Levi didn't come into this sport with daddy's check book buying his way to the top, he didn't jump in the best equipment right out of the gate, he's worked hard for a lot of years to get to where he is today. Anytime I'm around him, I'm amazed with the things I learn each and every time about the cars, chassis, engine, etc etc.. he works his butt off to run well, and is focused on doing that. You need to get down and talk to him and realize he's every bit as down to earth as Dave, or any other grass roots guy in the pits. Don't let the big TSR flash and fancy give you the wrong opinions of him.

He's one of my best buds, has been since we were 6 years old racing gokarts in a bean field behind an old barn in Winslow, IN, and hopefully always will be.
Last edited by j_vennard54; 7/10/10 at 2:42 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi blocking