IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Speedway cancelled tonight
6/27/10, 1:42 PM   #1
Lincoln Speedway cancelled tonight
live4racing

Cancelled 6/27

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
6/27/10, 4:50 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln Speedway cancelled tonight
MHess

this 87 degree partly cloudy afternoon sure does suck here in central illinois....

6/27/10, 6:01 PM   #3
sprintsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHess View Post
this 87 degree partly cloudy afternoon sure does suck here in central illinois....
Perhaps another look at the radar is in order...the track had to make an "executive decision" early in the day, forecast calls for pop up storms in Ill. and In....I looked earlier and it looked good where I am, now we have a nasty little line coming thru...
You surely understand that they have to call things off early for obvious reasons...look at the teams that might be traveling a good bit to get there, just to waste time and money to sit in a thunderstorm? Not to mention the cost for the track...and you think they like losing the money for that nights race?

6/27/10, 7:42 PM   #4
wlm

Was wondering if the two sprintweek rainouts and this so called rainout are going to be rescheduled?

6/27/10, 8:51 PM   #5
v8j

the race would have never made it RAIN RAIN RAIN here in central IN

6/27/10, 8:52 PM   #6
wlm

I'm in central IL and the sun has been out all day.

6/27/10, 10:44 PM   #7
ISF

wlm I am in north central Illinois as well and it has been dry and sunshine all day. I watched the radar all day and never saw a hint of rain in the Lincoln area since early this morning.

I too, don't want a lot of money spent on a useless cause, including my gas and mileage to Lincoln but I think the plug may have been pulled a bit prematurely. Not blaming anyone, I probably would have done the same thing, but I'd also admit the error of my ways.

Will this deal be rescheduled or not?
Last edited by ISF; 6/27/10 at 10:46 PM.

6/28/10, 8:46 AM   #8
JohnnyB

I live in Lincoln. It did start raining here at 6:45 last night. Although it was light and scattered at first, it did get a little heavier. I do hope that they can re-schedule.

John Barrick

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Speedway cancelled tonight