IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCT/Bounced Checks
6/21/10, 8:06 AM   #1
ASCT/Bounced Checks
Midget18

money was put back in......still bounced though....
Last edited by Midget18; 6/21/10 at 8:26 AM.

6/21/10, 9:56 AM   #2
Re: ASCT/Bounced Checks
Smitty

I have a $400 check from John Gurley that I ran through twice & it is bad.

6/21/10, 11:27 AM   #3
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Hate hearing that. Bad deal if that’s going to start happening. Racers will stop showing up and then fans will as well because of car counts. I’d like to see it take off, but seems as though the news hasn’t been so great as of late.

6/21/10, 12:07 PM   #4
Midget18

I really want to support this series especially the midget part of it. It a good series with the right idea, but if I am going to have problems with getting paid and it costing me money when a check bounces, I can guarentee I wont be going to many more.

6/21/10, 2:56 PM   #5
Finish-LineMM

For IMMEDIATE release 6/21/2010 (Brazil, IN)
The American Sprint Car Tour would like to set a few rumors straight. First the rumor that John Gurley has taken the money and run.. This is 100% untrue, Mr Gurley has had a few struggles with promoters this season, and even been taken financially by some. All teams involved know that Mother nature has been hard on everyone, but for the ASCT it has been brutal. The series President Mr. Gurley has had to dig into his pocket every event this far in 2010 to see that racers are paid. This is a fact, and most people already knew it. The next rumor is the ASCT has some returned checks made out to a few midget teams. This indeed is true, but was done out of our control. The ASCT recieved a sponsorship check for $3500 and this check did not clear when we deposited. Once this happened it has caused a "SNOW BALL EFFECT", but we are dealing with it. Most teams checks have cleared, but there are several still outstanding. We are dealing with this daily, and plan to take care of all teams involved. We are doing our best to contact teams once we realized our funds had been reversed late last week. We have been advised by the sponsor that they will make our funds available, we are just waiting for this to happen. As for the rumor that is ASCT is folding, this is 100% false. Just because we don't post daily on I.O.W. does not mean we are going away. We have our own website, and all news can be found there. If you have and questions please contact us, all contact info is avail at the website.
www.americansprintcartour.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCT/Bounced Checks