IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2/16 DuQuoin Winter Nationals is canceled!!!
2/13/08, 3:00 PM   #1
2/16 DuQuoin Winter Nationals is canceled!!!
gateway

Saturday 2/16 DuQuoin Winter Nationals have been CANCELED due to INCLEMENT WEATHER! The Illinois State Police have advised the public to restricted traveling in the Southern Illinois region. The area is currently suffering a power outage that is affecting approx 30,000 homes and businesses along with poor road conditions.

All pre-entries will be moved to the March 29th race. If you would like your refund please contact Kenny Brown via e-mail through the contact link on the POWRi website or by phone at 314-267-4944. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

2/13/08, 3:36 PM   #2
Re: 2/16 DuQuoin Winter Nationals is canceled!!!
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gateway View Post
Saturday 2/16 DuQuoin Winter Nationals have been CANCELED due to INCLEMENT WEATHER! The Illinois State Police have advised the public to restricted traveling in the Southern Illinois region. The area is currently suffering a power outage that is affecting approx 30,000 homes and businesses along with poor road conditions.

All pre-entries will be moved to the March 29th race. If you would like your refund please contact Kenny Brown via e-mail through the contact link on the POWRi website or by phone at 314-267-4944. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
That sucks!:thumbsdown: If the weatherman in Southern Illinois is anything like they are here in Indiana, it will probably be 60 degrees and sunny.:O: In looking at the current forecast for DuQuoin it certainly doesn't show anything that bad.:headbang

2/13/08, 3:59 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Sorry to hear that the races are canceled, but I'm glad they didn't wait until the last minute. I know they are predicting another round of winter storms for Friday/Saturday and it would probably have adversely affected their attendance. We still have a rather thick coating of ice on everything, and there is only going to be a brief warmup before another round of low temps.

2/13/08, 5:12 PM   #4
Gaines #1 Fan

:thumbsdown: March 29th It is 6 more weeks :Steer

2/13/08, 5:31 PM   #5
petey

Not surprised. We actually got iced over for a change a couple of days ago. It's apparently much worse just a few miles north of us around Cape Girardeau and I imagine it's even worse in DuQuoin. Some possible snow fall for this weekend around here as well. I wasn't planning on hitting this one anyways since a few cars/drivers from the last show will be in Manzy.

2/13/08, 8:03 PM   #6
chadsniffsmethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaines #1 Fan View Post
:thumbsdown: March 29th It is 6 more weeks :Steer
bummer...i understand the decision, definitely sucks though because i need a race very badly...evansville is a mess as well...:censor: ice

2/14/08, 2:26 AM   #7
Sprint63122

Was looking forward to this show but will say I appreciate them putting the word out now in advance you can not win driving on ice hope everything gets better soon in southern IL.

2/14/08, 9:36 AM   #8
Bruce Harrison

bump

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2/16 DuQuoin Winter Nationals is canceled!!!