IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trying to Identify 1967 Edmunds USAC Midget
6/4/10, 4:55 PM   #1
Trying to Identify 1967 Edmunds USAC Midget
MickeyMeyer

Hi, I recently purchased a old four bar Midget for my father to restore. Unfortunately he passed this year and I am trying to figure out what it was, the serial number on the dash was removed but I traced the car back to a #15 George Middleton Pizza Hut car from St Louis. It has since been 95% restored and is in great shape. Does this sound familiar to anyone? How would I verify this other than the previous two owners giving me this info. Anybody still out there that might have drivin this? Worked on it? Please contact me, any help would be appreciated.

Mickey Meyer
President, Managing Director of Team Operations
Racing Associates, Inc.
39426 N. 4th Avenue. Anthem, AZ 85086
602.481.3232 (cell)
mickeymeyer@racing-associates.com
Attached Images
EdmundsMidget.jpg (466.1 KB, 882 views)

6/6/10, 11:31 AM   #2
Re: Trying to Identify 1967 Edmunds USAC Midg
coxie bowman

That tail looks like a car Billy or his son Tim Mehner owned in the Seventies or early Eighties, not sure though. Mehners' lived in Dansville, IN.

6/14/10, 2:49 PM   #3
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymeyer View Post
hi, i recently purchased a old four bar midget for my father to restore. Unfortunately he passed this year and i am trying to figure out what it was, the serial number on the dash was removed but i traced the car back to a #15 george middleton pizza hut car from st louis. It has since been 95% restored and is in great shape. Does this sound familiar to anyone? How would i verify this other than the previous two owners giving me this info. Anybody still out there that might have drivin this? Worked on it? Please contact me, any help would be appreciated.

Mickey meyer
president, managing director of team operations
racing associates, inc.
39426 n. 4th avenue. Anthem, az 85086
602.481.3232 (cell)
i drove the pizza hut car 15 for geo middleton he lives just west of st. Louis

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
7/4/10, 8:15 AM   #4
gseguy

I worked on the Pizza Hut miget through the late '60's and '70's..
I will try to get in touch with the original chief mechanic to chime in. I'm sure he would remember everything you need to know.

Skip
Attached Images
Skip & USAC Midget.jpg (408.9 KB, 549 views)

1 member likes this post: Pete166
7/6/10, 10:30 AM   #5
MickeyMeyer

That would be great, a few Pics would be cool as well.
Thamks,
-Mickey

9/28/10, 11:00 PM   #6
Trying to Identify '1967' Edmunds USAC Midget
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Ah Mickey!!....nice ta see you guys in action at Canyon 9/25,ta get ta hang out in #16 pit was what I needed ta get my pump pumpin' again!!....also remember you talkin bout the Edmunds you've got now!!...hope you're able ta get the ole' info you're searchin for soon.....coulda guessed (Duke) had been in it!!..Wonder if ole Bud in Austin(aXe)knows anything on it?? his site is OpenWheelRacers3.com he used ta work for George Benson..n' is up on ole Midgets stuff!!... like ta take a look at it some time..when I'm in Phx!!......ltr

10/4/10, 9:19 PM   #7
pitrow

Coxie

I bought a midget that has your name on the side. It was the first car Mike Fedorcak built. I am seeking info on the car. Can you help me?

10/5/10, 2:19 PM   #8
RACER99W

Try Danny Frye jr. in ST CHARLES MO. His father drove the pizza hut car in the sixtys.

10/18/10, 8:11 PM   #9
ECOTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMeyer View Post
Hi, I recently purchased a old four bar Midget for my father to restore. Unfortunately he passed this year and I am trying to figure out what it was, the serial number on the dash was removed but I traced the car back to a #15 George Middleton Pizza Hut car from St Louis. It has since been 95% restored and is in great shape. Does this sound familiar to anyone? How would I verify this other than the previous two owners giving me this info. Anybody still out there that might have drivin this? Worked on it? Please contact me, any help would be appreciated.

Mickey Meyer
President, Managing Director of Team Operations
Racing Associates, Inc.
39426 N. 4th Avenue. Anthem, AZ 85086
602.481.3232 (cell)
Mickey,

Just posted my Beast Copy Ecotec midget on Indiana Open Wheel & noticed your post.

Roger West drove this call a year or two in USAC and maybe some in UARA out of Joliet IL.
Roger lives in Joliet his wifes work number is the only one I could find (630) 305-5740 her name is Rosemary West of Remax Real Estate both her & Roger are agents. Just call her & she'll get Roger. I think he drove the Pizza Hut car indoors at the astrodome around 1969-70.

Bob Thompson
setracing@gmail.com

11/20/10, 2:25 PM   #10
Congrats on Fri.Western World Win @ Tucson!!
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

O/T!!...Congratulations to Mickey Meyer of Racing-Associates w/driver Robt. (The MadMan) Ballou,Rocklin,Ca. on dominating the field Fri. nite,starting 8th,to WIN at Tucson USA Spdwys Western World N/W prelim. "A" Feature Event!!...to earn a front row start for Sat.nites big show!!.......Go get'em Guys,good luck Sat...........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trying to Identify 1967 Edmunds USAC Midget