IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tribute and missing man
5/30/10, 1:02 AM   #1
Tribute and missing man
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Just got home from the track. I read on Twitter that there was a tribute and the missing man formation during the WoO race for Jesse. If anybody finds a copy online could you please share.

Thanks
James
Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/10, 1:25 AM   #2
5JMOFFATTFAN!

i dont know what track you went to tonight but joss moffatt droped to the tail at the burg and gave the missing man formation. But no one announced it. Nothing like a salute in memory of a great racer than the empty spot formation
Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/10, 1:29 AM   #3
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I just went to my local short track South Buxton in Canada. It was during the tape delyed broadcast of the outlaws in Charlotte.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/10, 2:30 AM   #4
Re: Tribute and missing man
AlkyMadness

I was at Charlotte. Saldana pulled out during the 4-wide lap leaving the pole open and Johnny announced this was to honor Jesse Hockett. Nice tribute to a great racer.

5/30/10, 4:05 AM   #5
darnall

We did a missing man for the Rocket tonight at Dallas County Speedway in Urbana Missouri before the green of the Ozark Mountain Midget feature. Jesse's buddys Matt Fox and Richard Kreisel ran 1st and 2nd and donated their winnings to the family. The track also donated their share of the 50/50 pot to the family and the 50/50 winner donated some of his winnings as well.

DCS in Urbana was the site of Jesse's first feature win in a class of 4 cylinder sprint cars back in 1998 or so. Jesse ran alot of laps around that joint and although he never competed with the Ozark Mountain Midgets we were truly honored to pay tribute to him.

As a good friend of mine said the other night... "Jesse may not have been the greatest i ever watched....BUT HE WAS DAMN SURE GONNA BE!!!!"

Rest in Peace man.
Last edited by darnall; 5/30/10 at 4:07 AM.

5/30/10, 6:29 AM   #6
Tripcrwn

Scott Deloisio announced that Steve Howard of Socal Performance started a fund for Jessie Hocket's widow tonight at the PAS by starting things off with a donation of $500. David Cardey took a few laps with the checkered flag in honor of Jesse Hocket and then won the main event and dedicated the win to Jesse. Very sad, but very traditional. Corey Kruseman also accompanied Cardey in honor of a past crew member. All the USAC/CRA sprint car drivers lined the front straight to honor their fellow driver while Cardey and Kruseman took their laps.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
5/30/10, 7:48 AM   #7
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

All of the sprint car drivers took center stage at the Burg last night to talk about Jesse and then they all took to the stands to collect money to be donated to Jesse's family. I believe I heard over $2,000 was raised. Great show of support from the racing community....we are still hurting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tribute and missing man