IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at Montpelier
5/27/10, 1:19 PM   #1
MMSA at Montpelier
Bill May

The MMSA "Winged Warrior Tour" returns to the 1/4 mi. dirt at Montpelier, IN sat. May 29th, according to track promoter
Harold Hunter, some banking has been added to the track since the last appearance of the MMSA in 2008, this should make the track a little faster and even more exciting, as usual, all upright 1,000cc (stock bore & stroke) mini sprints are welcome, 600's too, come join in the fun of racing on a 1/4 mi. track. Pit's open at 4 pm.

Bill May

5/27/10, 5:15 PM   #2
Re: MMSA at Montpelier
raceofficial47348

Good to see you guys back to Montpelier. You guys always put on a great show when you come. This time should be alot better they way the track has been. See you Saturday.

5/28/10, 8:00 AM   #3
hoosier race fan

Any idea what type of car count we can expect to see? With AMSA racing at KC and Waynesfield racing their regular 1000cc mini-sprints I was just wondering.

5/28/10, 6:10 PM   #4
Bill May

Waynesfield switching classes sat. to put mini sprints on instead of next week as originally scheduled will probably reduce the car count as the MMSA has several members who are located near Waynesfield and I expect them to race there.
We will have a good show with two heats , a dash to set the first 3 rows of the 20 lap "A"

Bill May

5/30/10, 12:05 AM   #5
hoosier race fan

Thanks to the mini-sprints that came to race at Montpelier tonight. These guys were very fast and enjoyable to watch just as they have been in the past. I hope all 9 of them can come back in the future.

9 cars, 1 heat, no dash. Pretty sad, but that's what you get when promotors/series don't work together. It is in no way the fault of the teams that came, and as I said before, they were fun to watch. I have no idea why we need 2 mini-sprint series unless the goal is to divide the cars. Bill, if Miracle changed the program at Waynesfield and created a conflict with your program at Montpelier tonight, I would pull his date for the MMSA race in July at Waynesfield. Why do business with somebody that chooses to work against you? I know you told me two years ago that you can't just make your schedule around what other groups do, but how does scheduling against each other and thinning car counts benefit any of you? I'm not saying it is your fault, but you guys really have to figure out how to work together instead of against each other. The racing product was very good, but the car count was very disappointing. What promotor wants to schedule a series that only brought 9 cars?

5/30/10, 12:11 AM   #6
hoosierhillbilly

there were only 7 at waynesfield and at least one was a 600.

5/30/10, 3:32 AM   #7
Phylo82

There were 22 at the AMSA race at KC.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

5/30/10, 9:40 AM   #8
Midget18

Well maybe its time to switch this series to a non-wing series all together to give someone else an opition. I would have been at Montpelier last night, but do to the shortage of wings, I had no wing to race. I may not be at the next two races either on June 11 & 12 due to this. Speed Partz is hoping to have wings the second week of June.

The problem right now is that if you flipped and mess your wing up, you could be out a couple of weeks until you find a wing. I think I am ready for this series to go to non-wing.

Lynsey Tilton

5/30/10, 10:30 AM   #9
racerjim2

Why the shortage of wings?

5/30/10, 10:48 AM   #10
Midget18

Tp wings out of Indy area is now out of business, price of AL is up....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at Montpelier