IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Focus car counts should be better since major rule changes
5/25/10, 12:39 AM   #1
indywally

who cares
Last edited by indywally; 5/25/10 at 12:58 PM. Reason: who cares

5/25/10, 1:07 PM   #2
Re: Focus car counts should be better since major rule changes
LEADERS EDGE

I get why the teams who have cars and motors are upset. This should have been done in the off season and I thought one of the only good rules they had was the set back rule.

That said......This is where this series should have been from the start.(I know Keith will disagree with me on this).

As far as being worried about cheating....there already is/has been cheating in the series since it started. (Yes I mean the motors.)

I don't agree that it is a promotors job to get cars. It is the Sanctioning bodies job to supply enough cars so a promotor can have that tool available to bring in paying customers. It is their job to bring in the people to cover the purse.

I'd say it's probably too little too late, but it is in my opinion the right move.
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 5/25/10 at 1:10 PM.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
5/25/10, 2:16 PM   #3
short track scott

What is the rule change?
Posted via Mobile Device

5/25/10, 9:46 PM   #4
Revolution Racing

Ever see how a chicken flops around for awhile after its head has been cut off? The bird is dead, only there are some parts of it that just aren't aware of that fact just yet.

Now I would maintain that I was not the guy with the axe, and that if I had my choice we would have kept the old bird laying eggs. But, I know a dead chicken when I see one.

5/26/10, 7:55 AM   #5
TQ29m

What happened to the original post, or was I just imagining things, like "open" motor parts, salvage yard motors, built by whomever, kinda like a "stock appearing"? Guess it was wishfull thinking! Bob

5/26/10, 11:45 AM   #6
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Racing View Post
Ever see how a chicken flops around for awhile after its head has been cut off? The bird is dead, only there are some parts of it that just aren't aware of that fact just yet.

Now I would maintain that I was not the guy with the axe, and that if I had my choice we would have kept the old bird laying eggs. But, I know a dead chicken when I see one.
Sounds to me like the ol Chicken is choking on some sour grapes.

I don't even know what the new rules are but I am confident they are a step in the right direction. Lord knows I tried to get things changed back in the day.

And I agree with Scott, there has been cheating, and cheating from day one. I can recall the day a handful of West Coast cars unloaded at Lincoln Park Speedway, and one car who shall remain nameless only had one freggin seal on it. I was told to let him run since he had traveled so far.

5/26/10, 12:28 PM   #7
Revolution Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.P. View Post
Sounds to me like the ol Chicken is choking on some sour grapes.

I don't even know what the new rules are but I am confident they are a step in the right direction. Lord knows I tried to get things changed back in the day.

And I agree with Scott, there has been cheating, and cheating from day one. I can recall the day a handful of West Coast cars unloaded at Lincoln Park Speedway, and one car who shall remain nameless only had one freggin seal on it. I was told to let him run since he had traveled so far.
Eric,

Let me get this straight... You don't even know what the new rules are, yet you are confident that they are an improvement. Is this the same Eric P I knew? For that matter, are we talking about the same sanctioning body?

Far as sour grapes go... maybe 2-3 years ago but not these days. Sour grapes happen when you think things aren't going the right way, and you believe you could have done something about it. That was the case 2-3 years ago.

And as far as the cheating thing - you are absolutely correct. The only reason any of those guys from the west coast are any good at all is that they cheat like crazy. Carolina guys too. Also the Washngton, Utah, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma guys. In fact, the only racers I know of that never cheat, or do ANYTHING wrong, are the Indiana boys. I agree Eric. Under the supreme leadership of your sanctioning body and the flawlwss integrity of your competitors, Midget racing has flourished like never before. Thank god for Indiana

5/26/10, 1:11 PM   #8
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Racing View Post
Eric,

Let me get this straight... You don't even know what the new rules are, yet you are confident that they are an improvement. Is this the same Eric P I knew? For that matter, are we talking about the same sanctioning body?

Far as sour grapes go... maybe 2-3 years ago but not these days. Sour grapes happen when you think things aren't going the right way, and you believe you could have done something about it. That was the case 2-3 years ago.

And as far as the cheating thing - you are absolutely correct. The only reason any of those guys from the west coast are any good at all is that they cheat like crazy. Carolina guys too. Also the Washngton, Utah, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma guys. In fact, the only racers I know of that never cheat, or do ANYTHING wrong, are the Indiana boys. I agree Eric. Under the supreme leadership of your sanctioning body and the flawlwss integrity of your competitors, Midget racing has flourished like never before. Thank god for Indiana
Don't sour grapes turn onto wine? Or was it Olive Oil?

As far as your veiled jab at my Supreme Leadership you must have been referring to the other Eric. I bailed when I wasn't allowed to right the wrongs, beit rules or caught rules infractions. And yes that would be Indiana rules infractions too.

5/26/10, 1:36 PM   #9
Revolution Racing

Now THATS the EP I knew...

PS... www.thrillerphoto.com

5/27/10, 12:08 AM   #10
LEADERS EDGE

Good race.....Can get them sideways(A little....alot of pushing due to under hp and getting in too hard....looks like they have to overdrive the corner because straight line speed is down and with no torque)

Farmers should like them because they sound like tractors.(Actually alot like a four cycle bike. Need to get that fixed because that sounds like poo.)

Not a bad show, about like a sportsman car....Not a midget though.(I know...it's not suppossed to be....but then it's advertised as the future of Midget Racing. I'm confused)

Kidding aside....looked good, a little better than the Focus cars.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Focus car counts should be better since major rule changes