IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bad ankle, how to get to my indy seat?
5/22/10, 9:48 AM   #1
Bad ankle, how to get to my indy seat?
steve004

My brother wrecked his ankle last May before our big weekend and was laid up for months. We do the 4 races in three nights deal and by Sunday he's gonna be very sore. Can we park like we usually do and bicycle up close to the track? We think we saw a couple bikes chained up to that long fence before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

5/22/10, 10:47 AM   #2
wildthing1h

If you have a handicap sticker or tag place it in windshield. And they should park you close to or in a handicap parking area. I know i always parked people close to or a short walk from seats depending on where your seats are. Not real sure about the bikes.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/22/10, 3:01 PM   #3
Re: Bad ankle, how to get to my indy seat?
nonwing

I agree, have him go to his doctor and get a handicap hanger for your review mirror. I sat in turn three and because of my health the walk was really rough on me, so I got past my stubborness and got the paper work and then went to the BMV. It's not very much money. The best news is that the handicap parking is really close to the seating area between turns 3 & 4. I don't know about the rest of the place, but my guess is that they have plenty of spots close to any seat in the place.

He may have too much pride, but if so he needs to get over it. There is a reason why those parking spots are there, for people who need them. Of course they are also for people who are very lazy and some how get a handicap hanger, but that's for another discussion...

George Wilkins

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bad ankle, how to get to my indy seat?