IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 29th Best Place to Be......
5/21/10, 10:43 PM   #1
May 29th Best Place to Be......
Race Poor

Spend my money at ORP with the midgets or Anderson with the sprints? Never witnessed either race! Or is there a better place to spend my racing money? Looking for recommendations!

5/21/10, 10:47 PM   #2
Re: May 29th Best Place to Be......
racephoto1

Anywhere there is a racetrack is the best place to be. Actually the Little 500 is great , and if you have to pick, go there. The Night Before midgets may also be as good this year with the support races they are having. Its just a matter of what you want to see.

5/21/10, 10:55 PM   #3
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

ORP>..Lawrenceburg, Paragon...Putnamville...all great choices....but if you have never seen the Little 500 in Anderson... ITS A MUST SEE

5/21/10, 10:59 PM   #4
racefan20

I would either go to ORP or Anderson. You can go to the others all season. Been to both they are both great shows. Ususlly go to ORP since it is only 5 miles from home but you cant lose either way

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/21/10, 11:14 PM   #5
short track scott

I recommend Anderson and the Little 500. And I strongly recommend bringing a walkman type radio (and a change of baytteries!) and a decent set of earbuds. The track has a one watt radio channel to listen to because the noise makes PA worthless. And there has been a local radio station that covers it as well. When I've spotted races there in the past I've done this to keep an ear on what's happening. There is a scoreboard but it gets behind sometimes...
Posted via Mobile Device

5/22/10, 6:53 AM   #6
speed bump

Scott, where do I tune my walkman to get the one watt station and the local station ???
I also would tell the first guy to go to the Little 500.

5/22/10, 8:55 AM   #7
ScottShot

Try searching the FM radio band in the 88~96 mhz. range. I was able to hear the Anderson Speedway one watt signal almost 2 miles from the track as I was leaving the little 5 in 2004. If I remember, the station was 93~95 mhz. Good Luck, you will have a blast at the race! Scott A. Solem, KB8ZCB Call sign.

5/22/10, 9:05 AM   #8
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

definetly the little 500 been to it 20 straight years only one of the 2 ive been to. I couldnt ever see myself skipping the little 500 for a midget race that i would have to drive even further to see.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/22/10, 11:34 AM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

One of the things I like about the Little 500 is that they have all the drivers gather in a tent behind the grandstand for an autograph session. Great way to meet both Midwest drivers you may not have seen and others from around the country and Canada who are in this part of the country once a year. I have been to both and find the Little 500 to be more of an event. IRP really doesn't seem to try that hard.

However, the bottom line is sprints vs. midgets + support classes. I don't think you will be disappointed by either.

5/22/10, 12:01 PM   #10
HEAD

lITTLE 500 WITHOUT QUESTION. This race should be on every race fans bucket list. IMO the racing at IRP just isnt that great.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 29th Best Place to Be......