IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I wanna move to Indiana
4/25/10, 6:13 PM   #1
I wanna move to Indiana
Dirtepics

I am new to this site and my ultimate goal is to move to Indiana for 2 reasons. First one is I love non-wing sprint car racing and I know Indiana is the Mecca. Second one is I am recently invovled in racing photography and love the work I see from the region.
Can anyone help me out as far as good areas and areas to stay away from as far as looking to live? LOL I have never even been to Indiana but I feel my heart is already there. Will I be received well as far as a photographer goes or is it a good ol boy club?
Any information, help, ideas, comments would sure be appreciated.
Eric

4/25/10, 6:33 PM   #2
Re: I wanna move to Indiana
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thats a really cool story....as far as where to live, maybe you could live where Bob and Monica live, They always seem to live where the races are. Best of luck and maybe we will see you soon.
Dave

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, mowerman
4/25/10, 6:48 PM   #3
short track scott

I'm a Hoosier by birth, but if I were in your position, I'd look into any of the many small towns around Indy. There is GREAT racing in all four directions. Wings? Go East. Late models? South. Non wing? Pick a direction and pack up!

I don't know what you do to support your habit, but that probably will play a part in your decision.

Welcome and good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

4/25/10, 7:09 PM   #4
fish

You'd fit right in! (Have seen your pictures)
There are a bunch of 'ole boys' that shoot pictures but our only request is that you buy us a hamburger or a hot dog and a coke at every race for the first two years of your stay here! (And if you go to Gas City, please don't leave any trash in the infield)

Jim Fisher
www.fscpictorial.com

4/25/10, 7:20 PM   #5
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtepics View Post
I am new to this site and my ultimate goal is to move to Indiana for 2 reasons. First one is I love non-wing sprint car racing and I know Indiana is the Mecca. Second one is I am recently invovled in racing photography and love the work I see from the region.
Can anyone help me out as far as good areas and areas to stay away from as far as looking to live? LOL I have never even been to Indiana but I feel my heart is already there. Will I be received well as far as a photographer goes or is it a good ol boy club?
Eric
just move to the greatest area to watch sprint car racing and that would be southeastern indiana and you will be a skip hop and a jump from all the great tracks you would want to see the best racing tracks the great fans of i o w enjoy each and evey weekend you can take your pick and you will not see a bad race in a 100 mile area and all of us in indiana love every week end to see which track has the best show good luck and we all would love to see a great racing fan come to the greatest racing state in the u. s a.

4/25/10, 7:29 PM   #6
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

The 'ole boys' are just that, old! They're a good bunch of guys, most of them have been shooting forever. They accept Canadians. With all of the California transplant racers in and around Indy they would even probably accept a West Coaster.

4/25/10, 8:35 PM   #7
Dirtepics

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
The 'ole boys' are just that, old! They're a good bunch of guys, most of them have been shooting forever. They accept Canadians. With all of the California transplant racers in and around Indy they would even probably accept a West Coaster.
Thats funny. I am an original Californian, born and raised 6 miles from Ascot Park. I live in Washington now and just cannot get used to the wings. I love sprint car racing but non-wing it where it is at for me.

4/25/10, 8:37 PM   #8
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

I am not from Indiana but have been there 5 or 6 times. I would say the area north of Indy would be a great center point to many tracks. I stayed in Carmel the last two trips and it was nice. Kokomo/Gas City/ Anderson(Little 500, to the north in less than 45 mins) go west you have Lincoln park and Terre Huate, go south and there is Paragon, Bloomington, and Twin Cities, and to the east you have Winchester, L-Burg, Eldora,and dont forget Mt Lawn!!!LOL. there are others but it is a great center point. Oh yes, in Indy there is Indy dirt mile, Indy Speedrome, IRP, and Indy itself.

Good luck, and dont forget that you would have many Steak and Shakes all around you too!!!LOL

I wish I lived out there too. With the rent I pay here in Jersey ($1060.for a 1 BR) I could rent two out there. Just finding work would be tough.
Later,JERSEY
Last edited by jerseysprintnut; 4/25/10 at 8:42 PM.

4/25/10, 8:38 PM   #9
kylenap@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtepics View Post
Eric
Being a Evergreen Stater myself and moving to Indiana I can say: "What are you waiting for?" I'm a east central Indiana guy and I love it. 50 miles from Kokomo and Eldora. 20 miles from Gas City. Besides, the other tracks down south aren't much more than 2-3 hour drives with the exception of Tri-State. Hurry up and get here!

4/25/10, 8:38 PM   #10
Dirtepics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
You'd fit right in! (Have seen your pictures)
There are a bunch of 'ole boys' that shoot pictures but our only request is that you buy us a hamburger or a hot dog and a coke at every race for the first two years of your stay here! (And if you go to Gas City, please don't leave any trash in the infield)

Jim Fisher
www.fscpictorial.com
WOW, now that is a huge compliment coming from you. As far as the buying all of you burgers and dogs for the first to years, um, no lol. I may treat you to a home cooked meal once though lol. hope to talk to you soon
Eric

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenap@yahoo.com View Post
Being a Evergreen Stater myself and moving to Indiana I can say: "What are you waiting for?" I'm a east central Indiana guy and I love it. 50 miles from Kokomo and Eldora. 20 miles from Gas City. Besides, the other tracks down south aren't much more than 2-3 hour drives with the exception of Tri-State. Hurry up and get here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenap@yahoo.com View Post
Well whats holding me up is i havent even started looking for work or a house :2:. which is what really scares me. I look forward to making my dream come true and hope it all falls into place soon.
Eric

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
just move to the greatest area to watch sprint car racing and that would be southeastern indiana and you will be a skip hop and a jump from all the great tracks you would want to see the best racing tracks the great fans of i o w enjoy each and evey weekend you can take your pick and you will not see a bad race in a 100 mile area and all of us in indiana love every week end to see which track has the best show good luck and we all would love to see a great racing fan come to the greatest racing state in the u. s a.
Thank you for your response, sounds like i gotta do some job research
Last edited by Dirtepics; 4/25/10 at 8:41 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I wanna move to Indiana